Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Chocolate Chip Muffins


Did I tell you that almost everyone around me LOVES/ADORES/DROOL-OVER-THINKING-ABOUT chocolate?

Okay, I think I may have mentioned that my boyfriend is a lover of all things chocolate. Well, so are my sisters. And roommates. And friends. My parents...eh...not so much. Kind of. But they are old and Asian. LOL. Totally kidding. Do NOT make racial stereotypes, people. It`s just not nice or funny. Unless you`re Asian and making an Asian stereotype, like how we have small eyes. We know, dude. Thanks for the reminder.

ANYHOW, so I wanted to make chocolate chip muffins so my sister, boyfriend, and friends can eat them for breakfast, since I`m cool like that. :) I have tried a few recipes, but this one is really my favorite and go-to recipe. I`ve used it several times already and fall in love with them each time.


I highly recommend that you guys make these now, or tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow...or just really really soon, okay? I mean, do you see that picture with the harden sugar topping these muffins? Deliciousness here! Soft and chocolate chipy! Plus, there`s a handful of chocolate chips in each muffin, making it so every bite will have a chocolate chip! Now, isn`t this wonderful? It`ll make your mornings or days so much better. I`m serious!

I put 1 cup of chocolate chips since everyone here loves the extra chocolate. However, feel free to add less if you prefer, it will be slightly healthier if you eat 8 less chocolate chips for each muffin. I said, slightly. This recipe is scaled down from the original, so you won`t be so tempted to eat too many! See, I care about your health! :)

Chocolate Chip Muffins


Adapted from Allrecipes
Servings: 10 muffins
Level: Easy
Total Time: 40 minutes

Ingredients:
Muffins:
§  1 cup all-purpose flour
§  ½  cup granulated sugar
§  1 ½  teaspoons baking powder
§  ¼  teaspoon salt
§  ½ cup milk
§  ¼  cup vegetable oil
§  ½  of an egg (about 1 ½ tablespoons of liquid)
§  3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
§  1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Topping:
§  2 tablespoons granulated sugar
§  2 tablespoons brown sugar


Directions:
1.      Preheat oven to 400°F. Line your regular muffin pan with liners, or coat your pans with oil/spray.
2.      In a very small bowl, crack and egg in it and whisk a little. Measure out half and set aside. Refrigerate the remaining half for another use. It will be about 1 ½ tablespoon of liquid.
3.      Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium size bowl. Then add in the chocolate chips and combine.
4.      In another larger bowl, combine together the milk, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
5.      Add the dry ingredients (the flour mixture in Step 3) into the wet ingredients (milk mixture from Step 4), and stir until completely combined.
6.      In a small bowl, make the topping by combining the granulated sugar and brown sugar and stir.
7.      Fill each muffin cup 2/3 way full. Sprinkle on top of the muffins with the topping mixture between all the muffins.
8.      Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool for about 1-2 minutes and then remove the muffins from the pan.

Enjoy!

15 comments:

  1. How is it I'm just now discovering your wonderful blog?! So happy to have found you and I can't wait to make these delicious looking muffins!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was saying the same thing to myself when I saw yours!! & thank you! :D

      Delete
  2. I'm a chocolate lover myself and I just know I would adore these! I'd definitely have trouble eating just one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I definitely have trouble too! I usually down it with milk and it makes more fuller...so I stop. >__<

      Delete
  3. I love the photo. Sometimes you need a straight up chocolate chip treat to turn your day around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynna! I just nominated you for the Food Stories award!! Check it out at http://foodstoriesblog.com/food-stories-award/! LOVE your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate chip is one of my favorite muffin flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, these look so good! Especially the sugary top :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this was the worst chocolate chip muffin recipe I have ever tried. No joke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it turned out bad for you, but can you be more specific on how yours turned out? Was it not moist? Was it hard? Too sweet? I got this recipe from allrecipes and it has 4/5 stars out of over 500 reviews.

      I find it a little hard to believe it's the "worst chocolate chip muffin" especially with 500+ reviews saying it's great and I have used this recipe several times myself with rave reviews from those who has tried it.

      Delete

Cooksnaps