Monday, October 8, 2012

No Bake Biscoff Granola Bars


Have you guys tried Nature Valley`s honey and oats crunch bars before? They are delicious. Like, really.

I was NOT paid to say that. They are the very reason I like eating granola bars! So, I found some recipes to make my own granola bars at home, but they required all these ingredients I haven`t even heard of before. Like wheat germ.



Maybe, it`s just me who hasn`t heard of it.

We all need some quick snacks to have ready at hand in case we get the munchies. That`s when these awesome bars come in.

Easy. No bake. Biscoff. Need I say more?


I wanted to find a way to make yummy granola bars without buying special ingredients I wouldn`t otherwise use. I bake a lot, but I wouldn`t need wheat germ for anything except granola bars. I don`t know about you, but I can`t eat granola bars THAT often. Haha~

The first time I tried the recipe it didn`t stick very well and broke apart.  On my second attempt, I made some adjustments and added Biscoff. The result made me fall in love. You think it`ll be weird having biscoff with dried fruits, but it totally isn`t. It makes for a great way to eat some oats and fruits. I`d say. ;)



No Bake Biscoff Granola Bars


Adapted from: Lauren's Latest
Yields: 8 bars
Level: Easy
Total Time: ~20 minutes + 2 hour waiting time

Materials Needed:
-          1 saucepan
-          1 rubber spatula
-          1 large bowl
-          1 wooden spoon
-          8x8inch pan
-          parchment paper
-          scissors

Ingredients:
§  1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
§  scant 1 1/2 cups rice krispie cereal
§  1/3 cup dried berries (I used craisins and blueberries)
§  1/4 cup honey
§  3 tablespoon brown sugar
§  2 tablespoons unsalted butter
§  1/4 cup biscoff/cookie spread
§  1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
§  2 tablespoons chocolate chips

Directions:
1.      Line your 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper (you can use foil, just spray with cooking spray).
2.      In a large bowl, mix together the oats, rice krispies, and dried fruits. Set aside.
3.      In a saucepan, on medium heat, melt the honey, brown sugar, butter, and biscoff together. Stir to combine as ingredients melt together with a wooden spoon.
4.      Lower the heat to low once the mixture starts to bubble.
5.      Add the vanilla extract and mix to incorporate.
6.      Turn off the heat after 1 minute.
7.      Pour the mixture into the bowl containing the oats and rice krispies cereal.
8.      Using a rubber spatula, toss until everything is coated.
9.      Transfer into the lined 8x8inch pan.
10.  Add the chocolate chips on top.
11.  Using either the spatula or your hands, press the mixture evenly down into the sides/bottom of the pan.
12.  Allow the granola bars to cool and set for about 2 hours before cutting into bars.
13.  Wrap in saran wrap and store them at room temperature or fridge. 


20 comments:

  1. These look like my kind of granola bars!! I've never tried Biscoff either (I know, can you believe it)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D: You must buy a jar and try some immediately!

      Delete
  2. Biscoff....granola bars....YES.

    I bow down to you. This is ingenious. I would like a dozen or so :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would totally share some with you if I could!

      Delete
  3. You are very tempting me. My kids don't like biscoff that I bought and I've been using it as spread but a lot more to go. I am thinking they will eat it if it's bars! Sounds like a great recipe and I need to prepare other ingredients for this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL This will be a good way to use up that extra biscoff spread then! No problem. :) I hope you and your family will enjoy them as I did. :)

      Delete
  4. No bake AND delicious? You are an evil genius! If I had kids, this is exactly how I'd get them to eat their berries and oats! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. This is a good way to make myself eat berries and oats. >__<

      Delete
  5. I really need to discover this Biscoff stuff already. It's been popping up all over the place lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your pics, lynna ^^ you make granolas look so inviting ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are truly amazing. And I love your photo editing style. Please don't hate me if you see me trying similar things with my pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks sooo delicious! I'll definitely be making some Biscoff granola bars soon. These look too good to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made these last night and the kiddos loved them! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for coming back to tell me! :)

      Delete
  10. I made this last night, and it tastes really good! Mine were a little soft and didn't hold together well, though. Do you have any tips? I'm not sure if I didn't press them down hard enough and/or if my ratio of wet to dry ingredients was a little off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That has happened to me once when making these. My tip: cut them into bars (since you are going to anyways) and wrap them tightly with parchment paper and plastic wrap. Use your hands to push them into rectangle bars. If you refrigerate them, they also stay together. Hope this helps!

      Delete

Cooksnaps