Friday, November 23, 2012

BBQ Chicken Naan Pizza


Happy day after Thanksgiving! I hope you all had a wonderful day full of good and happy times. :) I originally planned to go to Las Vegas with my immediate family to see my dad's side of the family. But plans didn`t work out, so we stayed and had a Thanksgiving feast with my mom`s side of the family.

Today, I have a treat for you all. A recipe for your leftover turkey!

The good thing about this recipe is how easy it is. You can also use any white meat you want. If you have leftover Thanksgiving turkey, then use turkey. If you have chicken, use chicken. All you need are just a few ingredients.


When I first came up with this, my boyfriend and I made it all the time. Just spread some bbq sauce, chicken, some onions if you have some, and cheese! Voila!


Simple and really goooodd! I usually use red onions since bbq chicken pizzas are typically made with red onions, but I didn`t have any this time around and used yellow onion instead.



BBQ Chicken Naan Pizza


Hearts In My Oven Original
Yields: 4 servings
Level: Easy
Total Time: 25 minutes

Materials Needed:
-          Cutting board
-          Knife
-          baking sheet
-          baking mat/aluminum foil
- 

Ingredients:
§  4 Garlic Naan bread (I used Trader Joe's frozen ones)
§  8 tablespoons BBQ sauce
§  Chicken/Turkey, shredded
§  1/4 Red Onion or Yellow onion, chopped
§  Mozzarella (You can use a combination of pepper jack, monetary, etc.)
§  Cilantro or Parsley

Directions:
1.      Preheat oven to 375°F.
2.      Place naan on baking sheet.
3.      Spread about 2 tablespoon of BBQ on the top of each naan.
4.      Place shredded chicken/turkey on top.
5.      Place onion on top.
6.      Sprinkle cheese to cover the top.
7.      Bake for 10-12, or until bread is cooked through.
8.      Sprinkle tops with cilantro or parsley.
9.      Cool slightly before eating. 

8 comments:

  1. WOW! This pizza looks fantastic. Thanks for dropping by my blog and leading me to your own wonderful one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you couldn't go to Las Vegas. I wish I could travel somewhere, I haven't been anywhere in such a long time!
    But this looks too good! I ALWAYS have naan at my house, this is a great way to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm yum. Why does bbq sauce make everything so much better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore bbq sauce on my pizza! It's a way to add a little bit of summer into these dreary winter months (although there's nothing dreary about pizza)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The simplest concepts are usually the best. I'll have to remember this one when I'm rushing around with little time to spare during the busy days leading up to the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And don't you find that naans make an awesome crust. When we want a quick bite they are what I grab for the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So easy and delicious, and I see myself making this very soon especially I have the same naan in my freezer!!!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We LOOOOOVE naan pizza! Here's a recipe for one you may want to try out, too! http://stonefire.com/recipe/gorgonzola-onion-and-rosemary-pizza-naan/

    ReplyDelete

Cooksnaps