Thursday, January 10, 2013

Caramel Apple Monkey Muffins


Sorry, I haven`t posted since last Wednesday! Sometimes life sucks and life was sucking a bit lately... Haha~ However, because you all need yummy foods in your belly, I had to hold off my homework for a few hours to post this delicious recipe! I`m in a co-ed fraternity and we are busy recruiting for the next few weeks, so I hope you can bare with me. :)

I`m a HUGE fan of caramel apple, if you haven`t realized...


I had this cool idea to try this out one day and it was magnificent! Why? It's so EASY, you`ll have to try to fail. Hehe. It`s become one of my favorite things to bake because these are just sooo good!

I was planning on posting these earlier, but I wanted to take new pictures of them since I knew I was going to make over Winter Break. Sadly, I never got the chance.

You might be busy like me, but you can definitely spare a little time to make this delicious treat for your friends and family. :)

It`s filled with caramel apple goodness!

Caramel Apple Monkey Bread Muffins


Hearts In My Oven Original
Yields: 11 standard muffins | Level: Easy | Total Time: 45-55 minutes | Print Recipe

Ingredients:
§  2 tubes of refrigerated croissant rolls
§  2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
§  1/4 cup granulated sugar
§  1/4 cup brown sugar
§  1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
§  1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
§  2 small Granny Smith apples, diced
§  1 teaspoon lemon juice
§  3 tablespoon caramel ice cream topping, divided 1 tbsp + 2 tbsp
§  1 tablespoon milk
Materials Needed:
-          pastry brush
-          3 small bowls
-          1 medium bowl
-          fork
-          2 spoons
-          1 muffin pan
-          1 knife
-          1 cutting board
-           

Directions:
1.      In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg with a fork. Set aside.  
2.      In another small bowl, gently toss diced apples with lemon juice.
3.      Preheat your oven to 350°F.
4.      For each sheet of croissant roll, cut into small squares. (*You can do at least 5 squares by 4 squares for each sheet. I made even more per sheet by constantly stretching it thin, but it's completely up to you.)
5.      Using a pastry brush, brush melted butter on each square.
6.      Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on each square (about 1/2-1 teaspoon each, depending on size).
7.      Place 3-5 pieces of apples in each.
8.      Wrap into a round ball and place about 4-6 balls in each muffin tin. I stuck a few pieces of apples in between the creases at this point. 
9.      With about 1 tablespoon of caramel ice cream topping, pour a little over all the muffins. (Not 1 tbsp each; divide 1 tablespoon of caramel between all muffins).
10.  Bake at 350F for 15-18 minutes, or until tops are golden.
11.  In another small bowl, combine caramel ice cream topping with milk. Mix until incorporated. Pour a little over each muffin. 

15 comments:

  1. I love that first picture Lynna! These sound fabulous. Some mornings - I'm all about EASY. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! :) Even though, I don`t even have time in the mornings to make these...LOL

      Delete
  2. It's true, I am also super busy, but I would definitely put some time aside to make these. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you need a blogging break! After the holidays and all, I feel so wiped out. These more than make up for it, though! They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, yes, sometimes life makes me lose my baking mojo. LOL

      Delete
  4. oh wow! I love caramel apple too! This looks amazing! I love cinnamon too! This is like my ulti muffin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! That crescent roll dough is so great for quick recipes like this. I hope things have calmed down for you. I can relate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love crescent roll dough! LOL. Thanks! I hope things are better now for you too!

      Delete
  6. You always have the BEST baking ideas! I need to stop creeping on ur blog in the AM because now all I want is sugar. At 10am. Monkey bread is a fam favorite, definitely need to try it as muffins, love love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Kristina! I crave for sweets while reading food blogs regardless of the time of day. So bad...

      Delete
  7. You made me smile that I can use refrigerated croissant rolls for these delicious looking muffins! :D That's so awesome! I need to try these with my kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are right up my alley - I love baking with apples and the pretty little muffins look so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Cooksnaps