Thursday, April 11, 2013

White Chocolate Caramel Biscoff Oatmeal Cookies


The name of these cookies seem like a mouthful, but it`s only because they are so wonderful. :) Haha. I`m definitely posting this week later than I had planned. I`m on my second week of my last quarter of college and it`s been pretty busy with my fraternity`s rush events, so I`m sorry!! It`s ending this week, so the craziness will end soon. My Google Reader is telling me I have about 650 unread posts of blogs I follow. I am definitely behind, which makes me sad, because I miss reading the wonderful blogs I follow!

I love Biscoff spread. I have so many Biscoff recipes saved in my bookmarks, it`s crazy. Since my last Biscoff treat was so delicious, naturally, I wanted to try making more desserts/goodies using the delicious spread. There have been lots of Biscoff cookies recipes out there, but I wanted to try making my own. I can happily say, these were a success! They took a few tries and I`ll definitely keep working on them, but I think they`re definitely blog worthy right now. :)


I love the combination of white chocolate and caramel with the Biscoff flavor. I added a small amount of oatmeal to add texture, but not enough to make it an oatmeal cookie. I love crunchy everything, so I always have Biscoff crunchy spread in my pantry, but the regular creamy spread will work just as well.

As much as I am a fan of cookies, I like baking in small batches, so this recipe yields about 19 cookies (using my medium cookie scoop). If you plan on making more, just double the recipe.

Enjoy!


White Chocolate Caramel Biscoff Oatmeal Cookies

Hearts In My Oven Original |Yields: 19 cookies | Level: Easy | Total Time: 70 minutes | Print

Ingredients:
§  1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
§  1/2 teaspoon baking powder
§  ½ teaspoon baking soda
§  1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
§  1/4 cup old fashioned oatmeal
§  ½ teaspoon salt + sea salt  for sprinkling
§  1/3  cup granulated sugar
§  ¼   cup brown sugar
§  ½ cup butter
§  ¼ cup Biscoff spread
§  1 egg
§  ½  teaspoon  vanilla extract
§  ¼ cup white chocolate chip
§  ¼ cup caramels bit (Kraft)
Materials Needed:
-          1-2 baking sheets
-          baking mat/parchment paper
-          1 large bowl
-          1 large bowl w/ mixer
-          1 whisk
-          1 rubber spatula
-          1 cookie scoop (optional)
-          cooking rack
-          fridge
Directions:
1.       Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper or baking mat.
2.       In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and oatmeal.
3.       In a large bowl with an electric mixer/stand mixer, combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, and biscoff until fluffy & light brown (about 3 minutes)
4.       Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
5.       Add the dry ingredients
6.       By hand, using a spatula, add in the white chocolate chips and caramels.
7.       Chill dough in the freezer for 15-30 minutes.
8.       Preheat oven 350°F when you're ready to bake.
9.       Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough into balls and place onto baking sheet with about 2 inches space in between each cookie.
10.   Bake for about 10-13 minutes, or until cookies are golden around the edges
11.   Let the cookies stay on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on a cooling rack. 


Cooksnaps