Thursday, July 4, 2013

White Chocolate Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies


Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope you are all enjoying a nice break and spending the day with delicious food! Last month, I shared 4 brownie recipes with you. From my favorite, to these, and THESE, and finally these. These brownies are great and easy, so if you are craving any...I suggest you turn to these. :)

If you have been following me on Instagram, you know I am definitely taking advantage of the summer and food. I am finally settled back home. The past few weeks have just been a little bit crazy. Haha. Since I graduated from college last month, I`m finally starting to adjust to my move back home. I would have loved to continue living on my own, but it`s too expensive, especially to a recent grad with no full-time job yet. Don`t even mention graduate school! I`m still trying to figure out what I should do! Although I do plan on continuing my education, I`m at crossroads between business and education. :X

ANYHOO,

These cookies!! They are amazing, to shorten it for you. If you were to ask me for a list of my favorite cookies, these cookies would make the list. They have white chocolate, butterscotch, and oatmeal in them. What makes them even better? They are made with BROWN BUTTER. Yep, good, just got better.


In my recent posts, I mentioned I went on a round trip. Originally, I was going to include a few pictures into this one post, but as I was looking through them...I couldn`t just pick 1 or 2. I think I took over 1,000 pictures that week! In the end, I decided I will just make an individual post about the trip to share a little more about me, aside from just food. Hope you don`t mind. ;)

Oh yeah, I don`t mean to sound demanding, but make these cookies! One of my ex-roommates was trying to be vegan awhile back, but when she smelled these cookies, she couldn`t resist and ate one. Later, I found out she ate wayyyy more than just 1. I felt so bad I tempted her with these...but as they say...sorry, I`m not sorry. These cookies are meant to be shared! LOL. This recipe is also one of those cookie recipes I keep remaking over and over.


White Chocolate Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
Adapted from Nestle | Yields: 24-30 medium size cookies | Level: Easy | Total Time: 45-60 minutes | Print
Ingredients:
§  1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
§  1 teaspoon baking soda
§  1/2 teaspoon salt
§  1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
§  1 cup unsalted butter, sliced
§  1/2 cup granulated sugar
§  3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
§  2 large eggs
§  1 teaspoon vanilla extract
§  2 cups old fashioned oats
§  1/2 cup butterscotch chips
§  1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Materials Needed:
-          1 large baking sheet
-          parchment paper/baking mat
-          1 medium bowl
-          1 large bowl w/ mixer attachment
-          1 rubber spatula
-          1 small saucepan
-          2 whisks
-          1 cookie scoop
-          cooling rack
Directions:
1.      Line baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat.
2.      Preheat oven to 375°F. for about 9-11 minutes
3.      Brown the butter: Over medium heat, in a small saucepan, melt the sliced butter.
4.      Once butter is almost melted, whisk the butter constantly. It will crackle and bubble, but keep whisking.
5.      Once the butter begins to brown, remove from heat. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool slightly. 
6.      In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
7.      In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the brown butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
8.      Add the dry ingredients (flour, salt, etc) to the wet ingredients (butter, sugars, etc) and mix until just combined.
9.      Using your rubber spatula, fold in the oats, butterscotch, and white chocolate chips.
10.  Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet.
11.  Bake for about 9-11 minutes, or until edges or golden brown.
12.  Cool on cooling rack.

*Notes:
Cookie batter is more liquidly than most cookie batter, but it will bake up fine. If the cookies do not turn out well on the first batch, stick batter in refrigerator or freezer for a little bit before baking. 
Cooksnaps