Friday, June 15, 2012

Lemon Bars


Free. I`m free!! I`m officially done with my third year of college. AHHH~ Well, I`ll still be taking classes over the summer, but it`ll definitely be less stressful! I`m really excited for summer to start because that means more baking time! Hehe. 

So today, I`ll give you guys these lemon bars. It was the first time I`ve made it and it was pretty tasty. I`ve found so many recipes for lemon bars, I just couldn`t choose which recipe to use! I decided on this one from The Girl Who Ate Everything. Christy said that the lemon portion and the crust portion were equal and I really liked the idea, so I decided on this.

Let me tell you, I was SUPER excited to make lemon bars for the first time since I`ve had lemon bars before, but it was the frozen Trader Joe`s kind. Those TJ`s lemon bars are SO SO GOOD. Yeah, I know, kind of weird that I bake but still buy desserts...BUT it`s because I like trying new things! For the sake of food! 

These lemon bars were pretty darn good. The only problem I had with it was how sweet it was. It had the nice lemon taste, but it wasn`t as sour as I hoped. Plus, it was incredibly too sweet for me. My parents and roommate all thought the same. It was still good, so I kept eating them. LOL. Hey, even though these lemon bars weren`t for me, I`m sure if you have a big sweet tooth, you`ll love these! Here`s why:

Another confession time. I don`t really LOVE LOVE cupcakes. 

Yeah. I know. Crazy. I do enjoy cupcakes when it`s a really really good cupcake though! The main thing that throws me off cupcakes is because they`re incredibly sweet, especially the frosting. SO...if you`re a lover of cupcakes and all things sweet, these are totally for you! :) 

I followed Christy's recipe exactly, so if you guys want like the recipe, the link is below. I didn`t have large eggs at the time, only medium, so I used 5 medium eggs instead. This is why there`s 5 egg yolks in one of the pictures. 

Lemon Bars

Servings: 20 bars
Level: Easy
Total Time: ~1hr 

Materials Needed:

-          9x13in square pan 
-          Shifter
-          Parchment paper
-          Whisk
-          1 mixing bowl + mixer
-          1 large size bowl
-          Two rubber spatulas


Directions: 
1. Recipe for lemon bars at Girl Who Ate Everything

10 comments:

  1. I absolutely love lemon bars! Your photos are gorgeous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE anything lemon. This looks SO tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Seriously...THIS LOOKS GREAT! Toatlly something I would like to try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha congrats on ur freedom! Senior year is the BEST. And so are cupcakes... :) I can't believe you don't love cupcakes!! Actually I really just love the frosting? I don't even need the cake part.

    p.s. I just noticed those little measuring cups, they are adorable! I need to find some of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thank you! You`re making me even more excited! I still like eating cupcakes! i`m the opposite, i rather eat just the cake!

      & thank you! my boyfriend got them for me~

      Delete
  5. I just love that shot of all of the cubed butter in the mixer - you just know good things are to come with that much butter! :) I hope you enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The amount of butter scared me at first! & thank you! I hope you`re enjoying summer too! :)

      Delete

Cooksnaps