Sunday, June 10, 2012

Cheesecake Brownies


Not sure if you all know, but I`m still an undergrad university student. And the dreadful finals week starts tomorrow. Yeah, I do have two finals tomorrow. Why am I posting today then? Shouldn`t I be studying? Maybe because I`m so awesome that I wanted to share this recipe to make your day better before I disappear into my textbooks. Or, I`m just procrastinating. The thing EVERY SINGLE college student is good at. ;) But, once Thursday is over with, my third year as an undergrad is officially over. This makes me incredibly sad, because frankly, I`m not ready for the real world. I have ONE YEAR LEFT. gah. sigh. urgh.

But let us talk about cheesecake brownies. Now, doesn`t that sound delicious? Well, it IS. First off, I`m sorry for not sharing this recipe for you guys. I made these at the beginning of March and now, it`s June! I`ve been hiding it for 3 whole months. Now, now, it was because this was so full of gooey goodness, I didn`t want you all to hate me for tempting you by sharing too many recipes at once! Yep, that is why I hid it. Not because I got distracted and almost forgot. Yeppp...


Joking aside, these were amazing though. I would definitely make these again. They`re so simple to make as well! I used a boxed mix just because I had one left from the time I bought 3 boxes when there was a sale. :) But feel free to make the brownie batter from scracth. It`ll only  make this brownie better.

All of my lovely taste testers LOVED these and gobbled them up! Then they told me how awesome I was and to make them again. LOL.

Also, I decided to add a "Materials Needed" section whenever I post a recipe. I know, it`s not much  but I feel that this way, all the materials are laid out in front of you beforehand. I`m always scrambling around in the kitchen getting more bowls, more spatulas, etc. I felt that this way, you guys know what you need in advance and take them out from drawers/cupboards/etc before you start! Minus the oven, stove, and measuring supplies. :)

Cheesecake Swirled Brownies


Servings: 9-12 squares
Level: Easy-Medium
Total Time: ~50 minutes

Materials Needed:

-          8x8in square pan or 9x9in square pan (I used the 9x9in)
-          2 Toothpicks
-          Parchment paper
-          Scissors
-          1 mixing bowl + mixer
-          1 large size bowl
-          Two mixing spoons/spatulas

Ingredients:

for the Cream cheese mixture:
§  1 egg
§  1 (8oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
§  ¼ cup superfine sugar/baker’s sugar
§  1 teaspoon vanilla extract
for the brownies:
§  1 box of brownie mix (you can also make it from scratch, enough for 9x13in pan) + Along with all the ingredients listed in the box mix

Directions:

1.      Line your square pan with parchment paper, with enough to cover all 4 sides
2.      Preheat your oven to 325°F
Cheesecake Mixture:
3.      In the mixing bowl, beat the egg
4.      Add into the bowl the cream cheese, superfine sugar, and vanilla extract and beat until the batter is smooth
Brownie Mixture:
5.      Follow the box’s instructions, or make your own brownie batter from scratch in the large sized bowl
--
6.      Pour about 2/3 of the brownie batter into prepared pan
7.      Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie batter
8.      Then pour the rest of the brown batter on top of the cream cheese
9.      Using 1 toothpick, swirl the together the cream cheese and brownie batters
10.  Bake for 30-35 minutes, to test, use a toothpick and poke the center. It should come out crumbly and a bit gooey, but not look like wet batter. Cool in the pan.
11.  Cut into pieces and serve. Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. I love brownies with cream cheese! Looks delicious :)I like the design of your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cheesecake brownies! The best of two worlds :-) Good luck on your finals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. for real...wow! This looks great Lynna! I love your materials needed section too - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Cooksnaps