Sunday, August 12, 2012

Mint Ice Cream


I`ve told you guys before that I love mint chip ice cream...so I definitely want to try more than just one recipe. Hehe. This is another recipe where I used peppermint extract instead of real mint leaves.

This recipe definitely has more of a refreshing mint taste instead of the real herbal mint leaves from infusing it into the milk mixture.


This ice cream recipe is more like the store-brought ice cream everyone is used to. I love this version too! I say, try both!

I had some Andes baking chips, so I used those instead of cutting up a package of Andes candies. Also, unlike the original recipe, I used peppermint extract instead of the mint extract it called for. I listed the ingredients I used for the recipe below. :)

Also, if you`re one of those people who prefer not to eat raw eggs, you might want to stay clear of this recipe. As it does not cook the eggs beforehand.



Mint Chip Ice Cream

Yield: about 1 quart
Level: Easy
Total Time: 30 minutes + at least 4 hours chilling time

Materials Needed:
-          Ice Cream maker
-          1 Medium Bowl w/ electric mixer/stand mixer
-          whisk

Instructions:
§  2 large eggs
§  3/4 cup granulated sugar
§  2 cups heavy cream
§  1 cup whole milk
§  2 teaspoon peppermint extract
§  1 cup Andes baking chips 


Directions:
1.      See A Sweet Pea Chef's Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream for directions.

8 comments:

  1. This looks so creamy and delicious!! I love homemade ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am obsessed with homemade ice cream as well! <3

      Delete
  2. Mint Chip is my mom and my kids' favorite ice cream flavor! I never knew there is peppermint extract! I am keeping this recipe and will try - hopefully this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many different types of extracts! I was blown away when I first saw the self!

      Delete
  3. ANDES makes baking chips?!! My day just got so much more promising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know right?! I felt the same when I first saw them at Target!

      Delete
  4. Andes are my FAVORITE candy! I get a Costco size box of them every year for Christmas from a family member -- and I am always grateful. The ice cream looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That`s awesome! They`re one of my favorites! Oh boy, I would LOVE to get a huge size box of Andes!

      Delete

Cooksnaps