Monday, July 16, 2012

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce


Do you like pancakes? Or do you love them? Now, how do you feel about about lemons? Blueberries?

If you said yes to all 3, try these pancakes. You kind of also need ricotta cheese...but since I like to think ahead and I don`t want to waste food, I`ll post another recipe with ricotta soon, so none will have to go to waste! So, just buy that tub of ricotta cheese! (Well, not a gigantic tub...like a 2 cup tub.)


Plus, blueberries are all over the place right now! Adding ricotta cheese to pancakes totally up-ed the fanciness of pancakes. Not that pancakes needed to be fancied. I really like the texture, since it made the pancakes softer.

The batter was thick, which I think is supposed to happen because of the ricotta cheese...so if you make these and the batter is thick, don`t worry! (See picture above.)

Now, one of my favorite fruits ever? Blueberries! I made some blueberry sauce to go with it and boy, it was a kickin` combo. I also added some blueberries while the batter was frying on the pan. Along with some mini chocolate chips (since my boyfriend prefers chocolate in almost everything). 

Oh, wait. 

These are also lemon pancakes. Uh, can this get better? 


I found this recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod and didn`t change anything, except that I halved the recipe exactly to serve 2. It`s kinda weird, to split an egg...but since I often cut recipes in half, I do it pretty often. Just crack the egg in a small bowl, whisk, and divide in half! One large egg is about 3 tablespoons, so 1 1/2 tablespoon should do the trick for this recipe! Then, fry the other half after you`re done making these pancakes to make some scramble eggs! Resourceful, am I right?! ;)

If you have some blueberry sauce left over...put it on some vanilla ice cream or a dessert. ;) It`s great!


Lemon Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes

Yields: ~4 medium sized pancakes/serves 1-2
Level: Easy
Total Time: ~45-60 minutes

Materials Needed:
-          2 Whisk
-          Frying pan/skillet
-          1 large bowl
-          Medium bowl
-          Spatula
-          Silicone Spatula
-          1 small bow (if you`re splitting the recipe in half, for the splitting the egg)

Ingredients:
§  See Two Peas in Their Pod’s Lemon Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes.

Directions:
1.       See Two Peas in Their Pod’s Lemon Ricotta BlueberryPancakes.




15 comments:

  1. These pancakes will be LOVED in my home. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lynna! So these pancakes look great but that blueberry sauce... I MUST TRY IT!! I am a big fan of blueberries and I just know that I'm going to love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way when I saw the recipe!

      Delete
  3. Your pictures are stunning

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pancakes, and blueberries and this ENTIRE post! YUM! Your pictures are DIVINE too Lynna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah, thanks! I love blueberries with like everything!

      Delete
  5. These look so GOOD! I just made lemon-blueberry cake this week, and I love that combination. Beautiful pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It`s one my favorite combinations! & Thank you so much! ♥

      Delete
  6. I definitely said yes to all 3. I have never bought ricotta before, but I would really like to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don`t really eat cheese, but since I was so intrigued by what ricotta cheese really is...so I tried it!

      Delete
  7. I'm going to check out the recipe. I'd love to have this on weekends... I love blueberries and this looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won`t disappoint! At least, I enjoyed them very much. The ricotta definitely made softer pancakes. :)

      Delete
  8. Their sauce recipe is the same as I mine! It works really well with strawberries too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh really? I would love to try it then, since I have a ton of strawberries!

      Delete

Cooksnaps