Sunday, November 18, 2012

Apple Crisp Muffins



You guys should know I love baked goods with apples. When I saw the recipe for these apple crisp muffins in one of my favorite magazines, I immediately added them to my to-bake list.

Unfortunately, they took me awhile to bake. I had this magazine for over a year now. LOL. I`m sure you understand how it is! There are so many recipes out there what appeals to you that they distracts you from the ones before.

Also, I never seemed to have apples and cream cheese at the same time in my fridge.

I never made apple muffins before and the topping for these muffins is made with cream cheese! I was definitely excited to make these.



After the muffins came out of the oven, the smell was wonderful! When I took my first bite though, I was confused as to why these were called apple CRISP muffins.

Sure, there was the crisp topping, but because you drop cream cheese filling on top, it`s more like a soft topping. The cream cheese filling sinks into the muffins, making it look pretty cool.

However, next time around I will leave out the cream cheese filling. The apple muffin part was good, but I believe the filling was kind of unnecessary. Don`t get my wrong, they were good--but, they could have been better.

Oh, I also suggest drizzling some caramel ice cream topping on top. Makes for a wonderful muffin! :)



Apple Crisp Muffins


From: Taste of Home
Yields: 12 muffins
Level: Easy
Total Time: ~ 1 hour 30 minutes

Materials Needed:
-          1 muffin pan
-          1 large bowl
-          3 whisks
-          1 medium bowl
-          1 small bowl
-          pastry butter
cooling

Recipe can be found at the Taste of Home website. 

13 comments:

  1. Oh you lovely woman you! These are absolutely divine and I'm going to Pin them and I'm going to make them for the apple lovin' men in my house!

    I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah, hope you and your family will like them! :) I wish you the best during the holidays!

      Delete
  2. I was wondering why the muffins looked sunken. These sound fantastic! I also love baking with apples, and I have way too many to handle in my house. I MUST make these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These muffins definitely sound amazing! Sadly, I was a little disappointed with them though.

      Delete
  3. apple + cream cheese is just my thing! would've been perfect if there was butter.. somewhere ^^ your sunken cream cheese apple muffins look really enticing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look like an awesome day-after-Thanksgiving breakfast treats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a nice Thanksgivinig, Lynna! Wow, these muffins look so good! My son is a big apple fan in my family and I especially love apples when it's in baked goods. It's worth waiting for a year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I hope you`ll like it if you do try this recipe out.

      Delete
  6. These look delicious! I'd leave off the cream cheese - not a huge fan - but besides that, they look so yummy. Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I would prefer to leave out the cream cheese next time. I felt the cream cheese detracted from the apple muffins.

      Delete

Cooksnaps