Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mini Nacho Bowls


Happy Wednesday! I`m always happy when Wednesdays are over because it means the weekend is almost here. And, this weekend is Labor Day! It`s still incredibly hot in SoCal and this long weekend means: outdoor BBQ!

I love BBQs because they bring a large group of people over and everyone gets to chat, be silly, and EAT! Today, I`m sharing with you a great appetizer/potluck food. I can`t take credit for this delicious creation, though.

While I was away at college, my dad came up with these. I was home during a holiday break and my dad made these for my sisters and I...and OMG. When I had my first bite, my eyes lit up with excitement. They were sooo good!! We all requested that he made some more tomorrow. So, he did.



A few weeks ago, all of my sisters and I were home at the same time (this is rare since we`re all away at our own universities). While we were talking, my youngest sister brought these up. That night when my dad came home, we excitedly asked him if he could pretty please make these for us. Of course, he loves us, so he said yes! :)

Unfortunately, one of my sister developed a lactose intolerance about 2 years ago, so she couldn`t try these again. But, hey, that meant less people to share these with! Hehe.

If you were invited to a potluck this Labor weekend, these would be the perfect snack to bring. It seriously takes less than 15 minutes to make! All you need are THREE ingredients and your microwave. Yes, your microwave. Can this get any easier? You can also use your oven, but I just don`t want to wait for the oven to preheat. Haha. Since you`re only using the microwave for like a minute, your chips will not get soggy.

Even if you don`t have a potluck to attend, spoil yourself this weekend and watch some college sport or some tennis and munch on these. You definitely won`t regret it. Maybe, you`ll regret not buying more chips and chili once you`ve realized you`ve gobbled all of these up yourself. (Say, what?)

Mini Nacho Bowls
Hearts In My Oven Original | Yields: about 50 mini bowls| Level: Easy | Total Time: 15 minutes | Print

Ingredients:
§  1 can of Chili
§  1 Bag of Tostitos Tortilla Scoops Chips
§  1 - 6oz. bag Shredded Cheese (Any meltable cheese: Mozzarella, Mexican Blend, Chedder, etc)
§  Cilantro/Parsley (Optional)
Materials Needed:
-          1 large plate or baking sheet
-          1 spoon
-          microwave or oven
-          cooling rack (optional)

Directions:
Microwave Directions:
1.        In a large plate, line up your tortilla Scoops chips.
2.       Scoop about 1 teaspoon of chili in each bowl.
3.       Sprinkle a little bit of cheese on top.
4.       Pop it in the microwave for about 30-60 seconds, or until cheese is melted.
5.       Sprinkle some cilantro on top.
6.       Serve.
Oven Directions:
7.       Preheat oven to 375°F.
8.       Line baking sheet with parchment paper and line all of your Scoops chips on it.
9.       Spoon about 1 teaspoon of chili in each bowl.
10.   Sprinkle cheese on top of each.
11.   Bake for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
12.   Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack.
13.   Sprinkle some cilantro or parsley on top.

14.   Serve. 
Cooksnaps