Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats


I hope you guys enjoyed the first cookies and cream recipe yesterday. To continue cookies and cream week, today I am sharing cookies and cream rice krispies treats!

I must confess that once I learned how to make these rice krispies treats at home, I was nonstop making it all the time.

I took Chinese all last year in college and had Chinese class EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Luckily, my teachers made it fun and the class became friends. After every quarter, on our last day of class, we would have a potluck. I wanted to make something to bring in, but didn`t have much time.

So, I decided to change things up by adding some Oreo cookies into the rice krispies treats things time around. It`s easy to make and super yummy!

Since the class was so small, I had some leftover and brought them back to my apartment. Let`s say my roommates were happy because they loved them and it came in handy as a study snack during Finals week!



Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats

Adapted from Kellogs
Yields: 12 servings
Level: Easy
Total Time: ~40 minutes

Materials Needed:
-          13inch x 9inch pan
-          Parchment paper
-          1 Large saucepan
-          1 rubber spatula

Ingredients:
§  3 tablespoons unsalted butter
§  4 cups mini marshmallows (or 1 package 10oz regular marshmallows)
§  1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
§  10-15 Oreo cookies, chopped
§  6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal

Directions:
1.       Line a 13inx9in pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2.       In a large saucepan, over low heat, melt the butter.
3.       Add the marshmallow and stir until they are melted completely.
4.       Remove from heat.
5.       Add rice krispies cereal and mix with the spatula.
6.       Add chopped Oreo pieces, making sure everything is coated.
7.       Transfer into the pan and press down evenly, using the side of the spatula.
8.       Let it cool before cutting into it. 

11 comments:

  1. I, too, made rice krispie treats this weekend. I brought most of them into work...but there are still a few hanging out at home for me to devour later tonight. You can't resist 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I made rice krispie treats this weekend too! Peanut butter chocolate ones :) Oreos are such a good idea! Definitely giving a try next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dang, that sounds SO good. Love peanut butter.

      Delete
  3. I would love having you as a room mate. I tend to get lazy when its finals time!!!! These look fan-tast-ic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great recipe! Looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is probably the best rice krispy recipe that I've seen! Cookies and Cream + rice krispy must be great together and it's a dangerous treat around me....

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG - I'm making these this weekend for our family beach & bbq day!

    ReplyDelete

Cooksnaps