Saturday, October 20, 2012

{Kitchen Bloopers} Pumpkin Cheesecake Pies Bites


I haven`t made a kitchen blooper post since my first post months ago! I decided it was time again. Baking, is full of success and failed attempts in the kitchen. On blogs, everyone sees the successes (usually). I want to post about my failures as well as the successes, so maybe others can learn from my mistakes, instead of making the same ones.

So, here`s the story: I wanted to be cool. When I saw Bakerella`s pumpkin pie bites post on her blog like years ago, I wanted to make them badly. They are ADORABLE, how could I not?! I never had the chance until now. I wanted to be cool and make them pumpkin cheesecake instead of just pumpkin pie.


I made these along with the cheesecake cupcakes I posted several days ago. I was wondering why I haven`t seen these made with pumpkin cheesecake before, but I think I know why now.


It just taste odd.

I took my first bite after it came out of the oven and thought: "Hm, mushy." I also ate a whole pumpkin cheesecake cupcake right from the oven, too. Mushy and warm as well.

Then, it hit me: I need to refrigerate cheesecake before eating. Duhhh.

So, I did that. The cheesecake cupcake tasted great, but these tasted odd. Why? Cheesecake is not meant to be eaten with a pie crust. (At least, that`s what I concluded was the reason these pie bites tastes off.)

For some reason the thought had never occurred to me.

In case you didn`t know that cheesecake tastes weird with pie crust, now you know! :)

But, please try these with pumpkin pie filling! I`m sure it`ll be delicious and super cute~♥



12 comments:

  1. even though this didn't taste quite right, they still looked really cute ^^ guess not all anything-cheesecake tastes right ^^||

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would have tasted wonderful had I just made pumpkin pies. Oh wells! lesson learned.

      Delete
  2. Aww poor thing! I HATE kitchen bloopers--seriously, ask my boyfriend. I get like weirdly depressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I hate them because I wasted food and money on it. But, we need to have them.

      Delete
  3. I love this idea! I usually stop photographing once I don't like the result, or else I'd have more than a few blooper posts myself. A few weeks ago, I was trying to make some kind of bourbon caramel, but it ended up with me putting a destroyed pot with burned caramel out on my balcony to cool down before tossing it in the garbage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that totally sucks. But yeah, I only photograph if it looks cute/good enough. LOL

      Delete
  4. Kitchen bloopers are disappointing, but I call them {Almost} FAILs. Why? Because I always learn something from them! So then they are GOOD for me, not bad. Thank you for sharing your bloopers with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. That`s why I wanted to share. Ahaha.

      Delete
  5. ha thanks for being so upfront about bloopers. i hate bloopers cos either that means i dont know exactly what to do with them (to toss or not to toss), or that i'll just fall into a mild depression cos whatever i did just flopped and i just wasted precious ingredients and time. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. I`m all for learning, but they are really a waste of money since some ingredients are expensive!

      Delete
  6. Well....but they look pretty! ;) It sucks that you have to wait until all is baked then you had to find out it's not as you imagined. That's something I'm not used to about baking. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are totally right. But hey, it`s gotta happen to people. LOL

      Delete

Cooksnaps