Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Strawberry Banana Biscoff Muffins


It`s strawberry season! I`m definitely one of those people who love fruits in their desserts. Muffins are considered breakfast food, but since it`s sweet and baked, I often eat them as a dessert as well. To me, muffins are quick breads, like banana bread, in individual serving sizes. Haha. Sure, they`re not as dense and the texture is different to loaf breads, but since they`re usually quick and easy to make, I enjoy baking them often.

The strawberry and banana combo is a popular favorite. I love the combination myself, so I wanted to combine the same flavors in muffin form. I also, always "happen to have" (read: I always make SURE I have) Biscoff spread in my pantry...I so knew it`ll be a great addition to the strawberry and banana combo flavor.


With that idea in mind, these muffins were born. Completely delicious and wonderful for a morning breakfast or for a snack randomly during the day...I mean, why the heck not, right? They have the Biscoff and banana flavor with strawberry bites scattered throughout. I love them and think you will, too. :)




Strawberry Banana Biscoff Muffins
Hearts In My Oven Original | Yields: 12 regular + 1 mini muffin | Level: Easy | Total Time: 35 minutes 
Ingredients:
§  1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
§  1/4 cup sugar
§  1/4 cup light brown sugar
§  1/3 cup old fashioned oats
§  1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
§  1/2 tsp salt
§  1 tablespoon baking powder
§  1/2 cup yogurt
§  1/4 cup biscoff spread
§  1 well-ripe banana, mashed
§  3 tablespoons milk
§  1 large egg
§  1 teaspoon vanilla extract
§  1/2 cup diced strawberries 
Materials Needed:
-          Standard size/mini muffin pan(s)
-          Cupcake liners
-          1 rubber spatula
-          2 whisks
-          1 cookie scoop (optional)
-          cutting board
-          knife
-          1 butter knife
-          cooling rack

Directions:
1.      Preheat oven to 400°F.
2.      In large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder until combined.
3.      In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, biscoff, banana, milk, egg, vanilla, and strawberries.
4.      Add wet ingredients (yogurt, banana, etc) to dry ingredients (flour, sugar, etc). Mix with rubber spatula--less than 20 seconds! Careful, not to overmix!
5.      Scoop batter into muffin tins.
6.      Put in oven and drop oven temperature to 350°F and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
7.      Allow to cool on cooling rack.
8.      Serve with sliced strawberries on top, if desired!
Cooksnaps