Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Blueberry White Chocolate Muffin Cookies


Before I introduce you to this INCREDIBLY easy and simple recipe...I must apologize for not being able to post last week! I thought my quarter was going to be less busy, but I completely forgot about my hectic schedule last week--I had  two exams, a group project and presentation. Not to mention last Saturday was my fraternity`s Big/Little revealing and family games at the park. I spent all of last week planning, shopping, and making those huge bins for my little. :)

Anyways, back to these awesome cookies! They`re made from a muffin mix. I know making cookies and other desserts out of box mixes have been a trend lately, so I had to gladly jump on board. I mean, I am a huge foodie, after all.


All you need is one Jiffy muffin mix, which is like 59 cents! Another plus for this recipe is that it only makes 6 cookies--the perfect amount. Not enough for you to have to bother your friends and family to eat some and not too little for you to completely enjoy.

They smell JUST like real muffins, but look and feels like a cookie. I couldn`t get over the lovely smell of the blueberries. Haha. These cookies are ridiculously cheap and easy to make, it`s really hard to resist trying them out yourself. :)



Blueberry White Chocolate Muffin Cookies
Adapted from: Jiffy | Yields: 6 medium size cookies | Level: Easy | Total Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:
§  1 package of "Jiffy" Blueberry Muffin Mix
§  1 large egg
§  1 teaspoon vanilla extract
§  1 tablespoon butter, melted
§  2-3 tablespoons white chocolate chips
Materials Needed:
-          1 medium size bowl
-          1 baking sheet
-          1 baking mat/parchment paper
-          1 cooling rack
-          1 rubber spatula
-          1 cookie scoop (optional)
Directions:
1.      Preheat your oven to 350F.
2.      In a large bowl, mix together muffin mix, egg, vanilla extract, and the melted butter until just combined.
3.      Fold in the white chocolate chips.
4.      Scoop dough onto lined baking sheet, with 2 inches in between.
5.      Bake for 10-13 minutes.
6.      Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on cooling rack. 


Cooksnaps