Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Nutella Stuffed French Toast


Can you believe it's already September? The year 2013 is almost over! The latter part of the year is always exciting for me because of all the holidays. I feel like all the huge holidays are coming! For example, Halloween is coming up. Then, there's Thanksgiving. And finally, Christmas/New years!

I`m already excited for all the sales and discounts! Black Friday, anyone? I hate the crowded stores and long lines, so I`m not the huge Black Friday shopper who waits in line for hours. I`m one of those people who sits at home and finds electronic deals online. :P

Anyways, this September, I`m going to have Breakfast Tuesdays! I`ve been challenging myself to come up with quick and easy breakfasts for me to make and eat in the mornings. People tend to forget about breakfast, or they don`t have the time to sit down and eat a meal. But, breakfast is extremely important. After a night's sleep, your body needs a good breakfast to fuel the rest of your day. Yeah, yeah. I know you`ve probably heard of this many times before. Which is why I wanted to start this series for this month-to motivate you to eat breakfast. I`ll be posting on Tuesdays, so you can have ideas to make breakfast for Wednesday-Friday mornings to get you through the rest of the week. Trust me, these recipes are easy and tasty! :)



Today, I have for you Nutella Stuffed French Toast! My sisters and I are in love with Nutella. I mean, who isn`t? That's why I have the HUGE jar of Nutella, not the small one. Haha.

I don`t ever have those thick bread, like challah, at home. This becomes difficult when I want to make french toast, since you need a nice, thick slice of bread. I always have sandwich bread, though. So, I decided if I sandwiched the two slices of bread together, it will be thick enough. And, I was right! Ever since I`ve made this, I`ve been craving it like crazy.

Unfortunately, Nutella is not the healthiest spread to eat for breakfast, so I had to limit myself. A reason I love french toast is because it`s so simple to make. The only things I know how to cook is on a frying pan/skillet, which is why I love the fact that you make french toast on it.

This recipe uses only 2 slices of bread, cut in half. My sister and I ate 1 slice each, paired it with some apple slices, and a cup of milk and was full! If you want to make more, simply double or triple the recipe. I used apples since they go great with Nutella, but I`m convinced Nutella is great with pretty much all fruits!

Since the mornings are so rushed, I eat breakfast while I`m on my computer, catching up on social media, emails, and etc. Trust me, you can make and eat this in about 35 minutes! :)


Nutella Stuffed French Toast
Hearts In My Oven Original | Yields: 1-2 servings | Level: Easy | Total Time: 25 minutes |Print

Ingredients:
§  2 slices of bread
§  1 large egg
§  ¼ cup whole milk
§  ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
§  ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
§  2-3 tablespoons Nutella spread
§  1 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
§  Fruits (optional)
§  Maple/Pancake syrup
Materials Needed:
-          1 deep dish plate
-          1 spatula
-          1 medium skillet
-          1 knife
-          2 plates
-          1 small whisk/or fork

Directions:
1.       In the deep dish plate beat egg slightly.
2.       Whisk in the milk.
3.       Then, whisk in vanilla extract and cinnamon. Set aside.
4.       On a plate, press one slice of bread with the palm of your hand to flatten it. Cut slice in half.
5.       Spread Nutella on one side of the bread. Sandwich it with the other half.
6.       Heat your skillet on low/medium heat. Butter the frying pan (using ½ tablespoon for each toast).
7.       Dip the bread into the egg/milk mixture and coat both sides.
8.       Place on skillet and cook each side until nice golden brown.
9.       Transfer French toast to a plate and repeat steps 4-8 for other slice.
10.   Top with fruits and maple syrup.

Cooksnaps