Friday, November 7, 2014

Salted Biscoff Cashew Cookies


I can`t believe I am writing this post for Friday. Basically, the last work day of the week. Unfortunately, last Saturday, during work, I was hit with one of my migraine attacks...and they didn`t completely leave me until 4 days later. I was bedridden for 4 days! Since no one really knows what causes migraines, I still have no clue how to stop them. Haha! Although, stress and lack of sleep most likely contribute as triggers for them...so I took a short break.

Staring at the computer screen for hours on end probably doesn`t help the migraines either, so I took a break from my computer, too. The migraines tend to fade after 6-10 hours. I was able to go online to check all the important stuff, like emails. But, after I was done, I turned my computer off, crawled into bed and slept...for HOURS.


I envy those people who can work and blog so often, but I guess I`m not one of those people! Haha~ Basically, everyday, I work, exercise, eat dinner and it`s already late! I`m always surprised when it reaches 10-11pm and I`m freaking out because I have so much blog stuff to do! :P While, I was laying in bed all day, I decided not to stress too much about this week`s post, which is why this week`s post is coming to you all late! :P (Also, please excuse my previous and future typos/grammar issues...my posts are usually written around midnight and my contacts are dried out of my eyeballs!)

Anyways, these cookies...they LOOK like ordinary, brown cookies. But, boy, they are fabulous. I subscribe to NatureBox and they have this snack called cashew crumble, which are basically cashews covered in cookies. WHAT?! Exactly, people. It sounded amazing. And, it really was. The cookie reminded me of something Biscoff-y...so I wanted to create a cookie version of it!

I was incredibly happy how well these cookies turned out. I love the sea salt sprinkled on top...and the Biscoff + cashew combination is bomb. I`m not really a nut in my cookie person, but I guess that only applies to my chocolate chip cookies since I loveddd these cookies. I sure hope you do, too. ;D I add some Health pieces in some and they were amazing, too!


Salted Biscoff Cashew Cookies
Adapted: Rock Recipes | Yields: 24 medium cookies| Level: Easy | Total Time: 90 minutes | Print

Ingredients:
-          1 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
-          1 teaspoon baking soda
-          ¾  teaspoon sea salt
-          ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
-          ½ cup Biscoff/cookie butter spread
-          ¾ cup granulated sugar
-          ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
-          1 large egg
-          1 ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
-          1 ½ cup roasted cashews, roughly chopped bigger pieces

Directions:
1.       oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with baking mat or parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and sea salt until combined. Set aside.
2.       In a bowl with an electric mixer, cream together butter, Biscoff spread, granulated and brown sugar until well combined.
3.       Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
4.       Add the dry ingredients (flour, etc) and mix until just combined.
5.       Fold in cashews.
6.       Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto baking sheet, leaving at least 2 inches in between each.
7.       Bake cookies for 7-9 minutes, or until golden brown.
8.       Let it sit on baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Remove and let them cool completely on cooling rack.
9.       Sprinkle with more sea salt, if desired.


*Notes:
-          Cookies will be really soft when you remove them from the oven, but they will crisp up. Best eaten when cookies are completely cooled, so they are crisp.



Cooksnaps