Monday, April 23, 2012

Quick Cinnamon Rolls - Croissant Version


In my last post I talked about my first attempt at finding a quick way to satisfy my cinnamon bun cravings and how I failed. This time, I`m here to tell you how I successfully found a way! 

CROISSANT cinnamon rolls!  It`s super easy and it takes less than 30 minutes in total to make! You can definitely whip these up quickly when guests are over, or to satisfy your cravings for them without the waiting of the dough to raise. OH! Even for like a potluck since everyone loves sweets and these are simple enough to make a bunch to share. 



But seriously, I was able to make these before my laundry was even done with its washing cycle. So I ate them while my clothes were in the dryer. ;)

These were smaller in comparison to the cinnamon buns you buy at the supermarket. It makes them look cute too! As for the taste, it`s on the crisper side, since these buns are smaller and made from croissant dough. I`m telling you, they taste AWESOME. 

I was able to make 8 small cinnamon rolls with 1 can of frozen croissant roll. I thought this was a perfect amount since it`s not too much and not too little. You should know, or will quickly learn, I love moderate servings sizes for sweets and desserts! 

Also, go HERE to visit an article from Cooking Detective to see 29 health benefits for cinnamon. I mean, you don't have to ask me twice to eat cinnamon. 


Quick Cinnamon Rolls - Croissant Version

Adapted from: Better Home and Gardens
Servings: 8 small rolls
Level: Easy
Total Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients:
Cinnamon Roll:
§  1 (8oz) package refrigerated croissant roll (I used Pillsbury)
§  1 tablespoon melted butter
§  2 tablespoon granulated sugar
§  1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
§  ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Glaze:
§  ½ cup powdered sugar
§  ½  teaspoon vanilla
§  2 teaspoons milk

Directions:
Cinnamon Roll:
1.       Preheat oven 370°F. Spray an 8inch nonstick round/cake pan with cooking spray.
2.       Press perforations of the croissant roll dough together and seal.
3.       Using a brush, brush the melted butter on the dough, leaving about ½ inch around the edges.
4.       In a bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle over dough evenly.
5.       Roll the dough tightly and pinch to seal ends, with the long side parallel to your body.
6.       Using floss cut the roll into 8 equal slices. Place them around the pan with one in the middle.  
7.       Bake for 15 minutes, or until edges and top are golden. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
Glaze:
8.       (You can do this step while the rolls are baking) In another small bowl stir the powder sugar, vanilla, and milk. If you want more of a drizzle/liquidy consistency, add more milk, little by little. 



7 comments:

  1. This is putting my sweet tooth on overdrive! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah, i hope not by too much! i wouldn't want you to get cavities! >_<

      Delete
  2. Omygosh I NEED these!! Yummmm! Thats such a good idea to use the packaged croissant's, I'm so trying this on Sunday! Perfect quick brunch treat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! They`re so simple, you`ll spend more time enjoying brunch than making the food to eat! ^^

      Delete
  3. So excited to find an easy recipe to please my grand daughter; thanks.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I`m glad that you`re excited! :D

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much! I bought ready made croissant dough and I thought croissants were a little boring so I searched up how to make cinnamon buns with croissant dough and I found this! SO happy, plus I have all the ingredients at home! Yay! Thank you so much, I'm in love with cinnamon buns. I can't wait to make them tomorrow!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Cooksnaps