Monday, May 14, 2012

Apple Pie Cookies



So today is Monday. And apparently, food bloggers tend to post on Mondays. I`m not sure why...but every Monday my Google reader is filled with updates! I think maybe it has to do with the fact that Mondays are often an "ergh"-day for most people. Since it`s the first day after the weekend and all.  I love Mondays, well, at least this quarter because I only have one class from 9am-10am. Sure, I gotta sleep by 1am the night before, but I get the rest of the day to look at food. :D But really, I don`t know why so many people post on Mondays. I didn`t want to be left out, so I decided to join them this week! (yay, I`m not a loner...lol)

I`ve already mentioned that I love eating apple desserts, so it was only naturally that apple pie cookies would intrigued me. When I spotted this recipe on Annie Eats, I immediately set out to buy apples to make these! However, I didn`t have round cookie cutters (I need to get me some!), but I did have heart cookie cutters (knowing me, of course I would *hintatmyblogname*)!

Hey, who says you can`t have heart apple pie cookies? At first, I thought these were cookies that tasted like apple pie. Even after reading the recipe a few times before making it, it didn`t dawn on me that they were really tiny pies! Super cute, I must add. ♥

I`m still not ready to tackle making my own pie dough, so I used frozen pie dough to make these. I used 2 medium size granny smith apples and two pie dough. Since, I followed Annie`s steps exactly, I`ll link you to her beautiful site! (No, I`m not lazy/too busy to write it down...I followed her recipe, thus, it is only right to link!) I will mention some of the things I did though, in case you guys were wondering... instead of cutting the apples into rings, I sliced the apples into small pieces So they would fit into the heart shape dough (you can see this in the first picture). I managed to make a few circle ones, using a small bowl. LOL.

It was awesome. My roommate LOVED these, she ate most of them! LOL. If I were to make these again, I would definitely add more apple slices, since I felt that they didn`t have enough apples in them. My roommate loved the ratio of apples to pie crust though, so...it`s all preferences! Anyways, these would be super cute and simple to make for a potluck and totally share-able if you want to share with friends, family members, neighbors, coworkers, etc!

Recipe at Annie Eats for: Apple Pie Cookies
Servings: (sorry, I can`t remember the exact number) ~15 2-inch hearts/circle cookies
Level: Easy
Total Time: ~45 minutes


12 comments:

  1. Lynna, these cookies are so cute! Love that you used pie crust and fresh apples to make them. Great job! Also - I post on Mondays, and I think most bloggers do, because I go the whole weekend without posting and it's good to start fresh right away on Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! :D & ahh, i assumed that was the reason!

      Delete
  2. OMG how adorable! Apple pie never gets old - everyone always wants a piece (or a cookie).

    ReplyDelete
  3. woah - woah!!!! this is so cute and adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking in - I have put the recipe name in for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. no problem! thank you for asking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. TechUpdatesDaily-A resource where one can find the latest updates & news about technology, software, gadgets and business ideas for the start-ups.
    TechUpdatesDaily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there mates, pleasant post and good arguments commented here, I am truly enjoying by these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We provide 24/7 customer service to answer your questions and comments efficiently, polite to make sure you always receive VEGUS168 from our friendly staff. vegus168 ติดต่อ ไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Cooksnaps