Friday, August 31, 2012

Simple Egg Salad Sandwich



Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. This is such a late post. I was supposed to post this on Wednesday but didn`t get the chance until now. The week was crazy and tiring for me, so I hope my dear readers will forgive me. :(

Egg salad has always been one of those foods I have always heard about, but never tired it before. Most likely has to do with the fact that my parents are Chinese and have not heard about it before.


Let me tell you, if you don`t know already...egg salad sandwich is super yummy. AND, super simple. I guess it`s weird to post a recipe on something so simple and common. However, I have never had it until a few months ago when I made this for myself!

Since this blog is a collection of recipes I have tried, I have to definitely post this recipe! Maybe someone hasn`t tried it yet and will stumble on my blog and make it! (hinthint:ifthisappliestoyou!) :D

This is definitely a base recipe. You can add pretty much anything you like, like fresh herbs or whatnot!

Simple Egg Salad Sandwich


Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
Yields: 4 sandwiches
Level: Easy
Total Time: ~30 minutes (5 min if excluding time to hard boil eggs)

Materials Needed:
-                      pot of water
-                      1 large bowl
-                      whisk
-                      rubber spatula
-                      cutting board
-                      knife

Ingredients:
§     6 hard boiled eggs (to be healthier, I use only 3 of the egg yolks)
§     1/4 cup mayonnaise
§     2 teaspoons Dijion mustard
§     2 teaspoons lemon juice
§     Salt, to your desired tastes
§     Pepper, to your desired tastes
§     2 slices of bread (any type you like)

Directions:
1.                  Hard boiled your eggs: here are step by step instructions with pictures if you don't know how: WikiHow
2.                  Cut hard boiled eggs into small pieces (about 2 cm--or you desired preference)
3.                  In the large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon juice, and sprinkle with some salt and pepper (1/4 teaspoon each if you want measurements).
4.                  Add the chopped hard boiled eggs and stir until eggs are coated.
5.                  Sandwich between two slices of bread. 

10 comments:

  1. For me, egg salad is pure comfort food. I don't eat it often, but crave it and every now and then just have to give in. I think I need to do that soon! Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! It gets too much if I eat it too often. But it`s so yummy!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE egg salad sandwiches. Great timing, I was wondering what to bring for lunches at school. This would be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I love it when I figure out what to eat for lunch!

      Delete
  3. Yum I love egg salad...delish! Thanks for sharing!

    xoxo, Elle


    www.thehighfeather.com 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love egg salad - I'll eat it on bread or on lettuce. I make a big batch for lunches on Sunday once a month or so, and we never seem to get sick of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally forgot to at lettuce in my sandwich when I ate this. LOL.

      Delete
  5. I have never added lemon juice. I'm going to add that next time. My son loves egg salad sandwich and I make it once in a while. I'm going to make your version for his lunch this week, with lemon juice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo yum! I love egg salad! I literally think I ate that almost every other day in college - so quick and yummy (and cheap!) I'm very happy you finally tried some :) I'm going to add in your dijon next time, I'm usually too lazy and just throw in some miracle whip... trying to your recipe soon!

    ReplyDelete

Cooksnaps