Friday, March 21, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter Reese's Banana Bread


Okay, I swear, I will be over this chocolate, peanut butter, candy, and banana combo after this. It`s because I wanted some chocolate peanut butter banana donut holes (yes, oddly specific) but I didn`t bake any...so I guess my cravings morphed into other desserts with a similar combination! Makes sense, right?

You can`t hate me for giving you chocolate AND peanut butter in a wonderful, delicious banana bread, right? Hopefully, you`re not sick of seeing so many banana bread recipes all over the place. This one stands out, though! First, it`s a chocolate banana bread. Second, it`s a chocolate peanut butter banana bread. Third, there`s some chopped up Reese's wonderfulness going on, too!


It`s basically a Reese's banana bread, since Reese's are chocolate & peanut butter candies, after all! Haha! :D I used FOUR bananas for this recipe. It`s a thick, yet moist, bread. It`s one of those baked goods where I took more than my fair share of "test-bites" on the first try alone! Now, that`s a sign of a good recipe!



I love how the Reese`s pieces gets melted into the bread. Look at all that tasty goodness!

For some terrible reason, I`m just really bad when it comes to photographing loaf breads. I`m still a newb when it comes to photography, but there are just days where I`m stomped. :( I actullay had to reshoot these the day after. I wasn`t even planning on sharing this recipe before of the photos, but then this recipe is TOO darn good to not share!

Also, I just want to quickly mention, if you ever try anything from this little blog of mine, please do come back and let me know the results! Comment, email me, tweet me, or Facebook me. I would LOVE to know how you did! Every single recipe I post is the exact one that I used/followed. All the photos are the end results of these recipes. Thus, if something didn`t turn out as pictured, I want to know so I can help. ;) I would never post a recipe I thought was bad! If a recipe worked, I would love to know as well!


Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Adapted: How Sweet It Is | Yields: 1- 9in x 5in loaf | Level: Easy | Total Time:  80 minutes

Ingredients:
§  2 cups all purpose flour
§  1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
§  1/3 cup cocoa powder, shifted
§  ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
§  ½ teaspoon salt
§  ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
§  ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
§  1/3 cup brown sugar
§  1/3 cup white sugar
§  1 large egg
§  1 teaspoon vanilla extract
§  1 ¼ cups bananas, mashed (about 4)
§  ¼ cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
§  3 tablespoons soy milk
§  8 Mini cup Reese's peanut butter cups, chopped

Directions:
1.       Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x5inch loaf pan with parchment paper, or grease well.
2.       In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
3.       In a bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and peanut butter until combined.
4.       Add brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat mixture until light and fluffy.
5.       Add in the egg and vanilla extract.
6.       Mix in mashed bananas and yogurt.
7.       Gradually add in dry ingredients (flour, etc) until just combined.
8.       Mix in the soymilk.
9.       Fold in chopped Reese's.
10.   Bake for 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
11.   Allow bread to cool in pan for at least 15 minutes, before serving, or to cool completely on a cooling rack.

*Notes:
-          I used vanilla flavored yogurt, but I'm sure you can substitute in plain, or any other flavored yogurt.
-          I used organic soymilk, but I'm also sure whole milk will work as well.

Cooksnaps