Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Peanut Butter Banana Snicker Mini Muffins


More banana muffin recipes?? After the amazing banana Biscoff muffins from a few weeks ago, I am back with another banana muffin recipe. Sorry, folks, I like eating bananas (and they`re good for you!). I just have too many ripe bananas around. I`m always up for new banana recipes, so I`m assuming you might be as well. So, why not share? We`re all foodie friends, now, aren`t we?

But, these are no ordinary banana muffins. Nope. They`re peanut butter banana muffins. That I stuffed with a mini snicker inside. I`m a huge candy lover. I guess, I subconsciously try to sneak candies into my breakfast...



Also, since these are mini muffins, I tell myself it`s perfectly fine to eat 10 of them. No, I did not just eat these just to get to the center where the snickers are hidden. (Okay, I may or may not have done this...)

I quartered the mini snickers before pressing them into the center of each muffin. I used crunchy peanut butter, since that`s all I eat, but you can definitely use creamy peanut butter. Or, even test try it with other nut butters!

Look at that melted chocolate and peanut action!


Peanut Butter Banana Snicker Mini Muffins
Adapted: Recipes From A Pantry | Yields: 15 mini muffins| Level: Easy | Total Time: 40 minutes | Print

Ingredients:
§  ¾  cup all purpose flour
§  ½ teaspoon all spice
§  ½  teaspoon baking soda
§  2 well ripe bananas, mashed
§  ¼  cup vegetable oil
§  1 large egg
§  ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
§  2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter, melted
§  ¼ cup golden brown sugar
§  8 Mini Snickers, chopped

Directions:
1.       Preheat oven 375°F. Grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray or use liners.
2.       In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, allspice, and baking soda.
3.       In a small bowl combine mashed bananas and oil.
4.       Add the egg, vanilla, melted peanut butter and brown sugar. *
5.       Fold the wet ingredients (mashed bananas, etc) to the dry ingredients (flour, etc).
6.       Using a cookie scoop, scoop batter into prepared muffin tins.
7.       Press a Snicker piece into the center of each muffin.
8.       Bake for about 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

*Notes:
Microwave peanut butter for about 30 seconds.
Cooksnaps