Monday, December 24, 2012

Holiday Chocolate Bark


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! I hope you are all enjoying your time with the ones you love and care about. :) I just want to throw in this quick post. I got very excited making holiday treats and I want to write about this experience before I forget!

I know, I know. These peppermint barks have been everywhereee lately. I made the chocolate base using Trader Joe's milk chocolate bar (17oz) and white chocolate chips (12oz). I added Peppermint covered pretzels, mint cocoa nibs, Christmas sprinkles, and melted Hershey's candy cane kisses on top! Yep, it was delicious!



The only problem: They lasted for only several days. The white chocolate part of the bark became crumbly/dot-y when you bite into it. This made me sad. Haha, but a good lesson learned--don`t use chocolate chips when you make these! The milk chocolate part stayed well, though. I used a 9 x 9inch pan to make the bark thicker.  :)

So, even though my chocolate bark didn`t end up too well after 4ish days, the topping I used was a wonderful combination of mint and sweetness.


Here are some bark recipes all over the web:

Cooksnaps