Saturday, August 17, 2013

BBQ Chicken Tortilla Pizza


This pizza is wonderful. It`s also one of the most simplest meals you`ll ever make. I made this TWICE in one week for lunch because it`s just too good. It`s a fail-free recipe and totally adaptable with whatever you have on hand!

Don`t you just love those simple and easy recipes? It takes just 15 minutes to make. You can buy those cooked chicken at the supermarket, or buy a bag of frozen grilled chicken, which is what I did.  I pop some pieces of grilled chicken in the microwave and everything was ready to use.

This recipe is MUCH easier than making your own pizza dough and waiting for the pizza to bake. It`s crispy, but not too crispy like a chip. And, seriously, 5 minute prep + 10 minutes for each pizza. I can`t believe I didn`t think about this earlier.
My favorite kind of pizza is BBQ chicken pizza, so that`s what I made for my tortilla pizza. You can just pour the BBQ sauce right onto the tortilla, top with cheese, salami, and chicken and you`re done! If you wanted, you can just bake the tortilla pizzas from the beginning, but I like using the skillet first to allow the cheese to melt and the tortilla bottoms to crisp faster. Also, I baked this in a toaster oven! No need to turn on your big oven and warm up your entire kitchen. That toaster oven sitting on your counter can be put to use!

I love avocados on my pizzas as well and added some slices when my pizza was done. The recipe is so simple, you can easily change the serving size to how many people you want to feed. One tortilla pizza was enough for me as a meal. However, some guys will probably want to eat more than just one, haha.

Honestly, these pizzas are so gooddd. I`m craving some right now, even though, I JUST ate some for lunch earlier today!


Tortilla Pizza
Hearts In My Oven Original | Yields:2 tortillas | Level: Easy | Total Time: 20 minutes | Print

Ingredients:
§  2 - 10inch flour tortilla
§  4 tablespoons BBQ sauce
§  6 slices of salami
§  ¼ cup cooked chicken
§  ¼- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (or any combination)
§  avocado, sliced.
§  olive oil (Optional)
§  garlic salt (Optional)
§  red onion (Optional)
§  parsley (Optional)
Materials Needed:
-          toaster oven
-          1 medium skillet
-          1 pastry brush (optional)
-          1 spatula

Directions:
1.    Preheat your toaster oven to 350°F.
2.    Heat your medium skillet on medium heat.
3.    Place your tortilla on top. Using a pastry brush, brush olive oil along the edge of the tortilla round. Sprinkle some garlic salt around the edges. (Optional, this gives the "crust" more flavor, but you don't have to do this.)
4.    Spread about 1-2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce on top, leaving about 1cm around the edges.
5.    Sprinkle some cheese on top. Top with 3 slices of salami and chicken pieces. Sprinkle more cheese, if you like.
6.    By this time, the bottom of your tortilla should be crisp.
7.    Using a large spatula, to act as a pizza peel, transfer your tortilla pizza into the toaster oven.
8.    Bake for 3-5 minutes until edges are crisp and golden.
9.    Remove from oven, add avocado slices and sprinkle some parsley.
10.  Cut into 4 slices and serve immediately. 
Cooksnaps