Saturday, August 24, 2013

Chocolate Chunk Cookies (Dahlia Bakery)


This post is definitely late, so I`m sorry! I wanted to post earlier this week, but this was a crazy week! I`m taking my last undergraduate course to finish up my management minor this summer and I had a midterm on Thursday and a homework assignment. At the same time, I was applying for full time jobs and setting up interview dates. I`m glad the weekend is here!

I`m addicted to baking cookies. If zombies or vampires or werewolves were to attack my house, I would have a stash of cookies to chuck at them. Hence, I am constantly trying different chocolate chip recipes. I came around this one and it looked amazing!

I saw the recipe on Just Baked and adapted the recipe from there. I`ve heard about the Dahlia Bakery from the cookbook. Even though this recipe isn`t the same exact one from the Dahlia Bakery in Seattle since I adapted the recipe, it`s still taste wonderful!



If you`re looking for a bakery style chocolate chip cookie, this is it! I wonder why? Haha, these cookies look and have that crunchy texture cookies you expect and crave from bakeries. :)

I used some semi-sweet chocolate chips and a chopped up chocolate bar for the chocolate "chunks". You can always substitute with whatever you have, or crave at the moment!

Dahlia Bakery's Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Adapted: Just BakedDahlia Bakery | Yields: 30 medium size cookies| Level: Easy | Total Time: 45 minutes | Print

Ingredients:
§  3 large eggs, room temperature
§  1 tablespoon vanilla extract
§  3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
§  1 teaspoon baking soda
§  1 teaspoon baking powder
§  1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
§  1 1/2 cup (20 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
§  1 cup brown sugar, packed
§  1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
§  3.4 oz dark chocolate bar, chopped
§  1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Materials Needed:
-          baking sheet(s)
-          parchment paper
-          1 small bowl
-          2 large bowl
-          Electric mixer
-          2 whisks
-          1 rubber spatula
-          1 cookie scoop (optional)
-          cooling rack

Directions:
1.      Preheat oven to 375°F. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
2.      In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Then, add the vanilla and combine.
3.      In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt.
4.      In a large bowl with electric mixer, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy.
5.      Add in half the egg mixture and beat on medium speed to combine. Then, add in the other half and beat to combine.
6.      Beat in the dry ingredients (flour, etc) on low speed until it looks evenly distributed (barely just combined).
7.      Fold in chocolate until just combined.
8.      Using a cookie scoop, scoop cookies with 2-3inch in between each cookie dough onto baking sheet.
9.      Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden.
10.  Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, before removing to cool completely on cooling rack.
Cooksnaps