Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Breakfast Quesadillas


Welcome back to my 2nd post of this September's Breakfast Tuesdays! If you didn`t catch it before, this whole month, I will be posting breakfast recipes and ideas for you to kick-start your day.

I discovered this idea from the wonderful Pioneer Woman, you probably know her since she is HUGE and even has her own FOOD NETWORK show. Did I ever tell you, I`m in LOVE with that channel? I can actually watch it all day long, everyday. I even watch it while I exercise...which is kind of funny. Have any of you seen their new series, Cutthroat Kitchen?! My sister and I are in love with the whole concept.

Okay, this isn`t related to food, but my sister and I went to a Backstreet Boys concert last Friday and it was AWESOME. If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen my concert spam. Yes, I know, Backstreet Boys?! Hey, you can`t really blame me, I`m a 90s kid. I grew up listening to their songs. They were my first boyband love!

But, *coughs*, back to tasty goodness...

I don`t really eat quesadillas, since I`m not a huge fan of cheese, but I wanted to make this so badly because of the avocado and scrambled eggs. I needed a little bit of cheese to make everything stick together. I`m in love with the avocado, salami, and egg combo, so I always have them in my fridge. My sister loves quesadillas, so I knew she would like these, too. However, she doesn`t like avocados...so I just didn`t include any in hers.

This recipe can definitely be adaptable to what you have on hand and crave. If you want to add bacon, bell peppers, onions, or even mushrooms you totally can! I would have if I had any at the time. :) I`m currently on a huge avocado kick (and so is everybody else...haha), so I have been adding it to everything!

One of my sisters kept telling me this was a breakfast burrito because there was so much filling...Haha! But, call it what you want, it`s still delicious.

While writing this post and editing the pics, I had a huge craving for some. I am definitely going to be making some for breakfast this week, that`s for sure.



Breakfast Quesadillas
Inspired by Pioneer Woman | Yields: 2 quesadillas| Level: Easy | Total Time: 35 minutes | Print

Ingredients:
§  3 large eggs
§  2-3 tablespoons whole milk
§  1 avocado, peeled, pit removed, and sliced
§  salt, to taste
§  pepper, to taste
§  2- 10inch flour tortillas
§  ½ cup shredded cheese (I used Mozzarella)
§  6 slices of salami
§  cooking spray/oil of your choice
Materials Needed:
-          1 frying pan/skillet
-          2 small bowls
-          2 forks
-          1 spatula
-          2 plates
-          1 cutting board
-          1 knife
-          stovetop

Directions:
1.        In a small bowl, smash your avocado slices with the back of a fork. Add salt and pepper to taste (basically making guacamole). Set aside.
2.       In a small bowl, lightly beat your eggs, milk, and season with salt and pepper.
3.        Heat your frying pan/skillet on low-medium heat. Either spray your pan with cooking spray or use oil.
4.       Pour your egg mixture into the pan. Let the eggs cook a little before scraping the eggs back and forth to make scrambled eggs. Set aside.
5.       Place 1 tortilla onto the pan. Working on only ½ of your tortilla, sprinkle some shredded cheese on top.
6.       Add 3 slices of salami.
7.       Top with half of your scrambled eggs, sprinkle more cheese.
8.       Add half of your guacamole, sprinkle with more cheese and fold the tortilla in half. Flip and cook the other side.
9.       Repeat steps 5-8 for other tortilla piece.
10.   Cut each in half to serve.

*Notes:
-          Feel free to use other ingredients, such as bacon, bell peppers, caramelized onions, etc.

-          You can definitely use your own scrambled eggs recipe.
Cooksnaps