Monday, July 30, 2012

Blueberry White Chocolate Caramel Oatmeal Cookies


I love cookies. Have I ever mentioned that? I almost always have frozen cookie dough all ready for baking in my freezer.

I also love Jenny's blog Picky Palate. I loved it for like a year now and that was when I started following food blogs. AND, it was when I started to seriously bake.


Jenny makes DELICIOUS cookies. So, I`m here today to tell you that this recipe works, just in case anyone wanted to know! LOL. (I`ve heard of people who have tried recipes from various famous food bloggers and...claimed the recipe failed. Even though that has not happened to me yet, I just wanted to make it a point that this recipe works!)

This was my second time making these because I really enjoyed them the first time. However, the first time I used frozen wild blueberries because I didn`t realize the recipe called for DRIED blueberries. hehe.

Let me tell you: they both work! My parents actually loved the frozen blueberries cookies more than the dried blueberry cookies! The frozen blueberries made the batter wetter, so the cookies were softer than the cookies made with the dried blueberries. The cookies made with the dried blueberries were definitely more crisp.

The added white chocolate chip and caramel? Gosh...so so good.

I halved the recipe since I like to try different cookie recipes often and I just can't eat all of them, despite the fact that I really just want to stuff my face with them.
                                                                                                   
I`ll leave you with the measurements for the ingredients below if you want them (since I halved and tweaked the recipe a bit)! But, if you want to make the whole shebang, just follow the link! :)

I hope you all have a wonderful week! I have a final exam this Wednesday, so I gotta study!


Blueberry, Caramel and White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Slightly Adapted from Picky Palate
Yields: 24 cookies
Level: Easy
Total Time: ~35-40 minutes
(Print Recipe)

Materials Needed:
-          large baking sheet
-          baking mat/parchment paper
-          Stand mixer/electric mixer + large bowl attachment
-          1 large bowl

Ingredients:

§  1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
§  1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
§  1/2 cup brown sugar
§  1 large egg
§  2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
§  1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
§  1 cup old fashion oatmeal
§  1/2 teaspoon baking soda
§  1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
§  3/4 cup Kraft caramels bits
§  3/4 cup white chocolate
§  3/4 cup dried blueberries 

Directions:


1.      Line your baking sheet with either a baking mat or parchment paper.
2.      Preheat your oven to 350°F.
3.      In a large bowl with a mixer, beat together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until it's light brown and fluffy.
4.      Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
5.      In another large bowl, whisk together the flour, oatmeal, baking soda, and salt. Then, add this to the bowl of wet ingredients.
6.      Add the caramel bits, white chocolate chips, and dried blueberries by hand using the rubber spatula.
7.      Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop the cookie batter into prepared pan and bake for 9-11 minutes, rotated the pan 180° halfway through the baking time.
8.      Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for a minute or so before removing the cookies to cool on a cooling rack. 

10 comments:

  1. WOW - what a great cookie. I love cookies that are a bit different from the typical. Can't wait to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love trying out different cookies. :) Plus, I thought my parents would enjoy these cookies more.

      Delete
  2. I didn't know Jenny's website - thanks for introducing. So many food blogs out there and I'm still new to all the great food blogs. It's great to hear that the recipe works. It's most important thing when you have a food blog and trying to convince readers how delicious the food is and the recipe works. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I am planning to bake more next year especially when my kids are both in school... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I love finding great blogs to read. It really is, huh? I try, but I don`t want to oversell. Aha

      They`ll be nice treats for your kids to bring to school! All their friends would be so jealous. ;)

      Delete
  3. I love dried blueberries! They really are like candy - perfect for putting into a batch of cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a combination! I have never tried dried blueberries...I don't even know where to get them! But I will seek them out, thanks for this great cookie idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I`ve seen them at Trader Joe's and Costco! Of course Costco has like the HUGE bags.

      Delete
  5. I didn't even know dried blueberries existed. Like raisins, but better! These sound and look so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? TJ sells them! So you should definitely make these!

      Delete

Cooksnaps