Thursday, July 26, 2012

Lemon Spaghetti


I made this super and yummy dish for lunch one day. It was really good. Especially since it was so easy and simple.

Can you tell I love simple, quick, and easy recipes?

This came about when I made the mascarpone pasta. I really love how simple pasta dishes can be and since I always have left over pasta noodles with no sauce left, I was completely excited to find new ways to use up the noodles.



Also, this dish is light. It`s not heavy like eating a steak or a gourmet burger. Which I think is perfect for when you want a light lunch or dinner.

Plus, this is a perfect way to use up leftover veggies or meat that`s in your fridge. Kind of like fried rice, but with pasta! I`ve seen lemon pasta around in several place. The first was from the wonderful Joy the Baker. From what I have gathered, you just had lemon juice to the pasta!

Since I love frying things, I decided to make this dish on a frying pan to fry up all the ingredients, similar to fried rice. Instead of soy sauce, it`s lemon juice! So, I set out to make it, but realized I can just use whatever I had/wanted. It ended up being kind of Asian-y with the egg and all... hehe~

Lemon Spaghetti

Adapted from Joy the Baker
Yield: 1 serving
Level: Super Easy
Total Time: ~35 minutes

Materials Needed:
-        Frying pan
-        Spatula
-        Plate

Ingredients:
§  a handful of cooked spaghetti (or any pasta noodle)
§  3 tablespoons olive oil
§  2 teaspoons minced garlic
§  some veggies (peas, broccoli -- I used some random veggie in my fridge)
§  some meat (sausage, ham, etc --I used hotdog and a balogna)
§  1/2 lemon juice
§  1 egg
§  salt
§  paper

Directions:
1.      Have your cooked pasta ready, if not, cook according to package.
2.      Heat frying pan with olive oil and minced garlic.
3.      After the pan is hot, add your vegetables and/or meat and cook until warm.  Stirring every so often.
4.      Add the spaghetti and stir it around to incorporate everything.
5.      Then, add the juice from 1/2 of a lemon and stir.
6.      Crack the egg over the noodles, letting the egg cook, while mixing all the ingredients around once in awhile.
7.      Add salt and pepper to taste.
8.      Place everything in a dish and serve warm.


12 comments:

  1. I tend to not be a fan of spaghetti, but this I could go for. Love lemon. Love the little sun you have there, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I`m sure it`ll taste great with other pasta noodles!

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is definitely my kind of pasta! Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have never thought to put lemon in this. Good thinking...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah, I can`t take the credit for it! >_<

      Delete
  4. Cooking level: Super easy. ie: Where Cathleen is at.
    This looks so great, I have some spaghetti that I didn't know what to do with. I now have my solution

    ReplyDelete
  5. I memorized this recipe and will try this for lunch coming week. I love that you share this easy recipe - I've never made pasta and added an egg, so this will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah, I just like added eggs to everything! Noodles, rice, and I guess pasta now too!

      Delete
  6. Mmm...I love lemon pasta. It makes me feel better about eating carbs with a fresh, citrusy dressing on top, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHAH, I now what you mean! Pasta, why must you be so dangerously GOOD?!

      Delete

Cooksnaps