Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Browned Butter Blueberry Muffins


HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY! :) Well, if you`re in America. In honor of it, I will post a blue colored food! Even though the holiday isn`t until tomorrow, if you`re planning anything, you`ve probably made your list of what foods you`ll be making already. But, if you haven`t decided on what to make for breakfast...these will be amazing!

You know why?


Because this recipe is from Joy the Baker`s new cookbook! It`s on my wishlist! Along, with many many others! (Joy adapted this recipe via The Gourmet Cookbook.) 


I love sharing my experiences with recipes, even though I haven`t altered them in any way--thus, linking the recipes. The reason? Well, I started this blog to chronicle all of my baking experiences so I can always come back and see what I really liked, or if something was just okay. I also know that sometimes not all recipes work. So I also want to tell you guys whether or not a recipe is a success! I`ve only been baking for about 2 years, so I am totally a noob. If I can do it, you definitely can too!

Anyways, in this case, this recipe was DEFINITELY a success! I love these blueberry muffins. I shared it and it was gone wayyy too quick! I was almost sad. LOL. These are BEAUTIFUL looking muffins. Hey, they look and taste delicious! Great for the summer. :)


You all must know, blueberry muffins are probably my favorite muffins EVER. I`ve eaten all sorts of them. ♥ So, please forgive me if I post more than just a few recipes. *puppyeyes*

I made these using fresh blueberries and you can totally tell that they`re fresh when you bite into them! I love the topping especially! But, they crumble, so make sure you`re not eating these on your bed! Hehe.

Have a good holiday guys!


Browned Butter Blueberry Muffins

Yields: 12 Muffins + 4 Mini muffins
Level: Easy
Total Time: ~35 minutes



Materials Needed:
-          Small pan (To make brown butter)
-          Whisk
-          Small bowl (For the topping)
-          Medium bowl (For flour, sugar, etc)
-          Large Bowl (For milk, egg, batter)
-          Ice cream scoop/Large spoon (to scoop batter into muffin pan)

For ingredients and directions: Browned Butter Blueberry Muffins



10 comments:

  1. I made these about a month ago but my baking powder was WAY expired and they were awful. My fault, not Joy's. You have inspired me to try again. ("If at first you don't succeed..." right?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I hope you`ll succeed because these taste great! :)

      Delete
  2. I made browned butter pasta the other month, and am now addicted. This definitely sounds like something I'd go for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven`t heard of browned butter in pasta before! How intriguing!

      Delete
  3. These look so pretty and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Blueberry muffins are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been hearing about this brown butter and I need to try it on my own! Everyone is crazy about it... these muffins must be delicious and they have my favorite blueberries in them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frankly, I guess it must be my tastebuds or something...but I can only taste a small difference. But, the smell...ohh, it smells SO good!

      Delete

Cooksnaps