Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Andes Chip Cookies


Cookies, cookies, and cookies! I didn`t realize this was going to be my 3rd cookie post in a row! What can I say, I love cookies. I get random urges to bake cookies, so I`m always testing and baking cookies. They`re just a perfect snack to munch on with a cup of milk. Hehe.

St. Patrick's Day is coming up! I`m not Irish or anything close, but St. Patrick's Day means green everywhere. And, when I think of green, I think of mint! I love the flavor personally, so when I saw this recipe in Maria`s Holiday Cookie Cravings eCookbook, I was definitely on board!


The original recipe has the cookies dipped in chocolate, but I decided the cookies tasted delicious without adding chocolate. Since I love baking cookies as much as I love them, I definitely grabbed the special holiday deal Maria offered when her Holiday Cookie Cravings ebook came out.

This cookie dough is your typical chocolate chip cookie, but it`s studded with Andes mint baking chips, instead of the usual chocolate chips...anddd it`s wonderful! The original recipe calls for Andes mint chocolate and mint chocolate chips, but I only used Andes baking chips. I love the mint flavor since it lends for a refreshing-sweet taste.


My sisters and I loved these cookies. As you can see, they bake up thick. They`re not super chewy, nor are they super crunchy. They`re in between and very yummy. Not, to mention the smell! They smell incredible in your cookie jar!

If you`re a mint chocolate fan, I highly recommend you try baking up a batch of mint chocolate cookies! :) This specific recipe is in Maria`s Holiday Cookie Craving book, so if you want to purchase it, you can go here. No, I`m not being paid, nor did get these books for free. I just like sharing awesome ideas. :)


Andes Cookies
Yields: 20 cookies | Level: Easy | Total Time: 1 hr and 45 minutes (includes chilling time)

Ingredients:

Materials Needed:
-          1 large bowl w/ mixer attachment
-          1 large bowl
-          1 whisk
-          cookie scoop
-          baking sheet
-          parchment paper/baking mat
-          cooling rack
-          refrigerator
Directions:
1.      In Holiday Cookie Cravings
Cooksnaps