Monday, January 27, 2014

White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Crisps


I`m terribly sorry for this bad photo. I made these for some friends and I didn`t have time to take a better photo! This photo definitely does not do these cookies justice. Why? Because these cookies are fabulous. I know, I know, I say that quite a bit on here.

Especially, about cookies. I can`t help it though, since I only want to share the GOOD recipes with you. You know, I am a huge cookie lover, so I collect cookie recipes as if I`m collecting valuable coins. And, I`m sure I`m not the only one who does this as well.

So, for all you fellow cookie recipe collectors, this is one for your books! These cookies are crispy and incredibly addicting! They`re not thick like your average cookies, but, they`re still cookies. Very addicting cookies. One of my friends said they tasted like popcorn. Haha. I`m not sure I can completely agree, but he meant it as a good thing. :)


I made these with the intention of sharing them with friends, but after my first bite, I didn`t want to share anymore! :P I`m kidding, these cookies are too great not to be shared with. I must suggest you bake some of these and share with your loved ones since they deserve some yummy cookies in their lives.

White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Crisps
Adapted: Smitten Kitchen| Yields: 18 cookies| Level: Easy | Total Time:  40 minutes | Print

Ingredients:
Cookies:
§  1 cup all purpose flour
§  ¾ teaspoon baking powder
§  ½ teaspoon baking soda
§  ½ teaspoon sea salt
§  14 tablespoons unsalted butter
§  1 cup granulated sugar
§  ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
§  1 large egg
§  1 teaspoon vanilla extract
§  2 ½ cups old fashioned oats
§  ½ cup white chocolate chips
§  sea salt for sprinkling
Materials Needed:
-          nonstick baking sheet(s)
-          baking mat/parchment paper
-          1 mixing bowl w/ electric mixer
-          1 medium mixing bowl
-          1 small saucepan
-          2 whisks
-          1 rubber spatula
-          cooling rack

Directions:
1.       Preheat oven to 350°F. Line your baking sheet with a baking mat/parchment paper
2.       In a small saucepan, brown your butter: Over medium heat, melt the butter. Whisking frequently, let the butter turn into an amber color. It will foam a little. Once it subsides and brown specks appears at the bottom of the pan, it will begin to have a nutty aroma. Once butter turns a light golden brown color, transfer to a bowl to cool. (I stick it in the freezer to make it cool faster.)
3.       In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
4.       In a large bowl combine the browned butter, sugar, brown sugar well.
5.       Then, mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
6.       Gradually mix in the flour mixture with 3 additions, mixing in between.
7.       Add the old fashioned oats and combine well.
8.       Fold in the white chocolate chips using a rubber spatula.
9.       Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the dough, leaving 2 inches in between each.
10.   Bake for about 12-14 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
11.   Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes between transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
12.   Sprinkle tops of each cookie with sea salt.
*Notes:

-          Cookies will keep well in a sealed container for a week.  
Cooksnaps