Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Mascarpone Pasta


One day I was looking for some easy pasta dishes that I can make quickly for lunch that serves only me. Since frankly, I cannot eat frozen food all the time. I`m trying to be healthy here. (uhh... By eating pasta? Hey, I said TRY!) I`m not much of a cook (since I`m more of a baker and still very new at that), so I`m slowly trying to change that. 


Can you believe that I only learned how to make pasta in college? Like, not homemade pasta sauce. Just heating up store bought sauce in a pan and boiling pasta. I`m totally serious. You can see why I have this blog now, don`t cha? Totally a learning experience for me in the kitchen, where I`m learning constantly and enjoying it whole-heartily. 

So guys, feel free to teach me. :) I`m always down to learn, especially when it comes to food. Especially cause you get rewarded for your effort! Yummm! 

Anyways...ahem... I saw this recipe on the blog Table for Two and it totally caught my attention. One, because I was already looking for recipes to use up the rest of my mascarpone cheese. Two, because pasta dishes, such as these, are simple and goooddd! 

It didn't exactly serve one since I wanted to use up all my mascarpone cheese. I thought it was interesting, but still good. I`ve never had anything like mascarpone (or even heard of it until last year) before! I think my favorite part of this dish was the tomatoes!

Since pasta dishes are so simple, I would like to announce that you guys can totally make this for lunch. Quick, easy, and extremely versatile. 

Since pasta is so adaptable, I just used what I had on hand! You just need the basics: pasta noodles (I used bow-tie), veggies (I used frozen broccoli and grape tomatoes), meat (I used Chinese sausage links), and your frying pan to make these! I really just wanted to use up my mascarpone. Aha~

If you would like to see Julie`s recipe, head over to her awesome blog for spinach & mushroom mascarpone pasta with chicken recipe.

If you wanna see exactly how I adapted her recipe, it`s below. But, really, all you need are the pasta, veggies/meat, oil, butter, and the mascarpone cheese to make this dish.

P.S. did anyone realized that I spelled mascarpone wrong in the picture? Yeah, totally fail...

Macarpone Pasta

Adapted from: Table for Two
Yields: 4 servings
Level: Easy
Total Time: ~25 minutes

Materials Needed:
-          Medium to large size skillet/frying pan
-          Spatula
-          Cutting board
-          Knife
-          3 small bowls

Ingredients:
§  1 tablespoon of oil
§  2 handfuls of grape tomatoes
§  2 cloves of minced garlic
§  2 tablespoon unsalted butter
§  1 cup of frozen broccoli
§  1-2 sausage link (I used this Chinese kind that I had on hand)
§  6 oz. mascarpone cheese
§  About 2 cups of cooked pasta noodles
§  Salt and pepper (if desired/according to your taste)

Directions:
1.      Heat up your pasta if you’re using left over from fridge. Or cooked your pasta according to manufacturer’s directions on the bag/box. Drain your pasta before combining with the rest of the ingredients. 
2.      Cut your grape tomatoes in half, set aside.
3.      Slice the sausage link, set aside.
4.      Heat up the oil your frying pan on medium heat. Add the grape tomatoes and cooked until shriveled. Remove and set aside.
5.      Next, add the minced garlic and melt the butter in the same pan. Add the frozen broccoli and cook until it’s done.
6.      Add in the sliced sausage. Fry until cooked through.
7.      Add the mascarpone into the frying pan. Stir until the mascarpone has melted.
8.      Add in your cooked pasta and stir everything until combined.
9.      Serve it right away, or store in airtight container once pasta has completely cooled in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipes ,this is so good ..very easy to made n so delicious in taste.

    frozen yogurt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I`m really happy you like it!

      Delete
  2. Oh - YUM! That brocolli is actually what is the most appealing to me - weird, I know! I love brocolli and pasta. This whole dish looks so good! I think I will be making this for Shane and I!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do give it a try! :) I also like broccoli in pasta as well!

      Delete
  3. Awesome! I love creamy pasta dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynna!! This looks SO good. Haha ok and don't even worry about not cooking pasta until college... I still can't mac and cheese (like kraft.. out of a box). I cook/bake all the time but for some reason I mess it up EVERY freaking time. Thats why I know just buy easy mac :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristina!! :D LOL, it`s not just you. I have terrible making it too. I have NO idea why, either!

      Delete
  5. looks yummy! I've never thought to use mascarpone in pasta.. I like mine in Tiramisu :) Will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynna! I love how this pasta looks and I can't wait to try this during the weekday when I don't have much time to cook. Plus my son is starting lunch soon and this sounds like something he'd love to eat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nami! Thanks for stopping by! & I hope your son will like it! I think he will if he likes creamy pasta dishes.

      Delete
  7. The weird thing: I have never tried mascarpone cheese before. I don't know what to do with it!! But I guess I do now, this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don`t worry, I didn`t either until a few months ago. Thanks!

      Delete
  8. Ooh I love bowtie pasta! And I love mascarpone, too! Creamy goodness! Yummy pasta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bowtie pasta! I always make pasta with it, unless I need longer noodles. Just because I think they`re cute.

      Delete
  9. I have never used mascarpone cheese before, believe it or not, but it looks so delicious and rich without being too fatty that I think I have to get some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I totally believe it. I had it my first time only a few months ago. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Cooksnaps