Monday, December 9, 2013

Pumpkin Nutella Bread Pudding


Omg. I`m so sorry for the lack of posts and blog activity in general! I have no idea how bloggers with a full time job keep up with the posts, baking, work, and social stuff outside of it all! Do you guys not sleep? I barely sleep and I still don`t feel like I have enough time! Haha~

Since the holidays are in full swing, I have been baking like crazy, testing and EATING lots of goodies! Unfortunately, it always takes me longer than I expect to post a recipe, even with the crazy amount of baking I`ve been doing.

And, this daylight savings thing...? Not working for me. :(  By the time I get home from work, it`s pitch dark. I can never take any photos of the food I bake after work. To make up for the natural lighting, I wake up really early (at least to me...hehe) to take photos before rushing off to work.


I also have to control myself around all the freshly baked goodies at night, since I need to photograph them the next morning. Talk about crazy self-restraint! Those warm cookies and muffins are extremely tempting after a long day!


Okay, so this pumpkin nutella bread pudding is amazing. Pumpkin-everything might be winding down, but trust me, if you have to bake one last pumpkin dessert this season, you`ll want it to be this one. I`m not lying when I say that I basically gobbled this whole pan by myself. I couldn`t help myself, it was so addicting.

This recipe is wonderfully simple, which makes it perfect for that Christmas morning breakfast. Or any lovely weekend breakfast. It`s so cold, I love turning on the oven to bake something. You can get out of bed, whip this up quickly, pop it in the oven, and snuggle in bed until it`s done! Then, have breakfast in bed. Doesn`t that sound amazing?? This recipe can transform into a dessert, too! See? It`s so versatile, please don`t pass this up. :)

P.S. If you can`t tell, I drizzle that caramel ice cream topping on, basically, everything. Full of yum!


Pumpkin Nutella Bread Pudding
Adapted: Gourmet Today| Yields: 6-9 servings | Level: Easy | Total Time:  45 minutes | Print

Ingredients:
§  1 cup heavy cream
§  ½ cup whole milk
§  ¾ cup pure pumpkin
§  3 tablespoons Nutella spread
§  ¼ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
§  ¼ cup granulated sugar
§  2 large eggs
§  1 large egg yolk
§  ¼ teaspoon salt
§  1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
§  ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
§  1/8 teaspoon allspice
§  pinch cloves
§  5 cups Texas sliced bread (or any crusty bread), cubed
§  ¼ cup Mini chocolate chips
§  Caramel ice cream topping (Optional)
Materials Needed:
-          1 8 inch nonstick square pan
-          parchment paper/oil to grease
-          1 medium bowl
-          1 large bowl
-          1 whisk
-          1 rubber spatula
-          1 spoon

Directions:
1.       Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 inch nonstick square pan with parchment paper/grease well.
2.       In a medium bowl, whisk the cream, milk, pumpkin, Nutella, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, yolk, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and cloves together.
3.       In a large bowl, place your cubed bread in. Add the pumpkin/milk mixture. Toss with rubber spatula gently to coat.
4.       Transfer to prepared pan.
5.       Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
6.       Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until set.
7.       If desired, drizzle with caramel.

*Notes:
-          Serve warm, room temperature, or cold.
Recipe can be made in advance and refrigerated.
Cooksnaps