Friday, November 30, 2012

Itty Bitty Cinnamon Rolls


I don`t know if you guys know, but I love cinnamon rolls. They are one my favorite foods, ever. Since I`m relatively new at baking, I have yet to make my own cinnamon rolls with yeast and all. It`s not that I`m scared of yeast, it just the waiting time... I`m sort of impatient and can`t wait 3 hours or so for the dough to rise.

I can wait 24 hours to bake cookies, but only because the waiting time is so long, it`s like I`m not even baking anything that day!

Not sure about you, but I`m terrible at multitasking. When I do laundry, I really can`t do much in between waiting for washing and drying cycles. It`s 38 minutes to wash and 45 minutes to dry. Doing homework and reading my textbooks in between cycles doesn`t work for me because it takes me about 45 minutes to start concentrating! Then, by the time I`m concentrated and ready to read, I have to go put my clothes the the dryer.


For some ridiculous reason, I start doing random things and never finish anything when I`m waiting for baked goods. An example: I start washing the dishes, but stop soon after because I`m scared of not hearing the timer go off. It`s weird (i.e. I`m weird), I know.

Anyways, this is why I have yet to try making real cinnamon rolls and all I do is try to find cheats.

Yesterday, I just received my copy of Jenny`s new cookbook, Picky Palate! I`ve mentioned before how I love reading her blog. When Amazon had a $5 off coupon, I jumped on the deal and bought it on Wednesday (sorry, the deal is not available anymore).

So today, I thought it was fitting to share with you a recipe from her blog that I have tried 5 times!

Itty Bitty Cinnamon Roll Bites! Cute, right?!



I have to share these with you because this recipe is one of my favorite finds from a food blogger. Plus, it`s so simply and wonderful!

They are simply adorable and super addicting! I`m warning you now, so don`t say I didn`t warn you. :D They`re so small that I just keep eating them. Whenever I make them, they disappear immediately. Once, they disappeared in about 15 minutes (only 4 people were eating them).

I have tried this recipe using Pillsbury "Simply" Biscuit rolls and Pillsbury Biscuit roll (regular) and they both work!

Itty Bitty Cinnamon Rolls


Yields: 70 servings
Level:  Easy
Total Time: ~35 minutes

Materials Needed:
-          baking sheet
-          1 small bowl
-          1 whisk
-          baking sheet
-          parchment paper
-          1 knife

Ingredients:
§  Go to Jenny`s blog Picky Palate.

Directions:
1.      Go to Jenny`s blog Picky Palate

8 comments:

  1. Aw omigoodness these bites are soooo precious! And I love that they're quick and easy and obviously delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww these are too cute!! I'm obsessed with these! Will be making asap :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah! I do the exact same thing with the dishes! I'm always so paranoid..
    These look too good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so like you. For example, I start grading papers and then wind up on your blog because I checked FB to see if there were updates from my friends hit by the typhoon... sigh. Oh well, these cinnamon rolls look great, so it was worth it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are SUPER cute. To me, it's much better than humongous cinnamon rolls...because once I eat regular ones, I don't need to eat it for at least half a year. :D This is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow these are gorgeous! LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I could finish a whole batch on my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found SOOO funny what you told about your multitasking that I could not stop laughing... and about your cinnamon rolls, I won't take long to make them they look really nice and I like the fact that they are small.

    ReplyDelete

Cooksnaps